Thread: Newly changed battery won't let the wireless keyboard turn on

Newly changed battery won't let the wireless keyboard turn on

Hi, I am having a wireless keyboard and which I had noticed yesterday as the battery was empty and for that I have to change it but the worst thing starts from here itself as since i have changed the batter i am not able to get the keyboard turned on. Any idea what could be the problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Newly changed battery won't let the wireless keyboard turn on

Are you sure that you have putted correct battery in your keyboard? I mean to say make sure the battery that you have kept in the keyboards are working perfectly, ensure that they are very well charged.

Sometimes it also happens as we used to kept the battery in wrong order, thus make sure they are seated properly.

Are you sure that you have putted correct battery in your keyboard? I mean to say make sure the battery that you have kept in the keyboards are working perfectly, ensure that they are very well charged.

Sometimes it also happens as we used to kept the battery in wrong order, thus make sure they are seated properly.
    Yeah i was also thinking about the same but still i am sure as the batteries are brand new and put in properly. Any other possible reason/problem that could cause this?

you should make sure the firmware on the Keyboard fully up-to-date? I have a BTMMouse which is most recent one. The original lithium batteries died and I substitute them with alkaline. It would connect but decline to pair. Thus i went on the MM discussion board and over there i have see almost 300 alike troubles with both MM and Bluetooth keyboards, with utterly no solutions from Apple or anyone! But anyways I have an Apple Care plan, so I called them and was told to shut down. Then eliminated the power cord from the back of my iMac, but wait one minute, plug it back in. Fire up, and then tried to set up a new device in Bluetooth. But the worst thing starts over here as It worked on the primary attempt and then to double check, I shut down and restarted and the mouse stayed connect and paired! Thus i would also suggest you to the same thing to attempt and see whether you are getting it worked or not.

Thanks for the suggestion but still the problem is that I cannot even switch on the keyboard anymore..but it seems like you have put an emphasis on pairing issue..!

I think if you are still having the same problem then surely it should some problem with the keyboard that you are having and off course at this moment, it would be better to get the keyboard changed from the service center. Because see if there could be some problem with the battery or something then obviously it should run as you change the battery.

However, since you are not getting it run even after changing the battery that simply means the problem besides in your keyboard itself. It would be better to get it replaced, because there is quite lesser chance of getting it repaired.