Thread: I try to past .mkv files Movies folder, Windows Explorer crashes with Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I try to past .mkv files Movies folder, Windows Explorer crashes with Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I am using Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone from last some days and I am experiencing problem while transferring MKV files in my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Whenever I try to transfer MKV file from my computer to my mobile at that time I windows explorer crashes. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Re: I try to past .mkv files Movies folder, Windows Explorer crashes with Samsung Galaxy Nexus

After reading your problem I will first tell you are you getting this problem while transferring any particular MKV file in your Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone or you are facing this problem with any particular file? If you are getting this problem with any particular file then there might be problem with that particular file otherwise problem is with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone.

Re: I try to past .mkv files Movies folder, Windows Explorer crashes with Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Sometimes while connecting the Samsung device in MTP mode because many time MTP blocks the files with non-recognized expansion and that because of that this type of problem occurs. I was also facing the similar device and after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet but Ii didn’t get any solution. After that I have tried to transfer the files by connecting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone with WIFI router and when I transfer the file though WIFI at that time I didn’t get any issue.

I think you should also try to solve this problem by transferring file through WIFI and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

You should connect your Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone with different computer and after connecting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone with different computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I you get the same problem then it means problem is with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone and if you don’t get the same problem then problem is with the computer.

Well many times additional codec’s can also occurs this type of problems and that is why I would like to tell you that if you have installed additional codec’s then uninstall additional codec’s from your system and after uninstalling that restart the computer and then try to transfer the MKV file.

After trying this let me know what the result is.

I have first tried to transfer other files in my mobile phone and many times while transferring files in my Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone windows explorer cashes. After that I have also tried to solve this problem by connecting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone with other computer and then when I tried to transfer the files at that time also I get the same problem.

Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

It looks like there might be something wrong with your Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone and that is why I would like to tell you that you should take the backup of the entire device from your mobile phone and after taking the backup of the data you have to reset the device and after resetting the device your problem will get solved.

If you want to reset the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone then you have to first go to the setting in the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone and after going into the setting you will see the backup and reset option. Now after that you have to select the factory data reset option. After doing that you have to uncheck the erase SD card option if you don’t want erase the card. now you have to tap on the reset phone and after taping on the reset phone you have to select the erase everything option and then your Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone will get reset.

MTP - copy to ROOT of the Gnex

I had several issues copying files / folders via MTP - win7 , x64

By trial and error (switching cables, ports) , reboots:

- if I copy the files / folders to the ROOT of the GNex, all file copies are fine, no issues

Otherwise, most copies fail (even small files) .

I'm copying a large set of folders at this time, I hope that I can move them around once on the GNex via the PC or it will be a pain to copy all files to the ROOT and then tidy them up via Astro or another Android file manager.

At least the main problem is resolved. I was about to give up.

If after resetting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone also if you are facing the same problem then you have to visit the Samsung gallery and then tell about your issue and after that they will check your Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile phone and gives you proper solution.

It is a conflict with the divx codec, just uninstalled it and now my .mkv files are uploading fine.