Thread: unable to connect iPhone 4S Bluetooth with iPad1, MacBook Pro or Automobile BT

unable to connect iPhone 4S Bluetooth with iPad1, MacBook Pro or Automobile BT

i purchased the iPhone 4S new smart-phone and i wanted to connect it with Bluetooth and while trying to do that, i was unable to connect with my iPad1, MacBook Pro or Automobile BT. i also made an attempt to do so with separate 4S phones , but all in vain. please suggest some remedy to solve the problem.

Re: unable to connect iPhone 4S Bluetooth with iPad1, MacBook Pro or Automobile BT

i had a similar issue and there is no discovery of iPad 1, iPad 2 or iPhone 3G . there were no issues earlier discovering each other. hope someone solves for me.

Re: unable to connect iPhone 4S Bluetooth with iPad1, MacBook Pro or Automobile BT

i was making a setting and my phone was paired but cam,e to the notice that it was not connected and made a connection twice. I just made the phone turned off and it was connected on the next day. o think simple power cycle would work in your case. the other thing you should perform is by managing your bluetooth connection with ToogleBlu which will be possible from the app market.

i will suggest you some basic steps to connect the device with Bluetooth .
    make use of the phone like a modem for a dial-up connection to an Internet service provider (ISP).
    • make use of the phone to have a connection to your computer directly .
    • with your mobile phone check whether the provider provides you option on its network. there is a dis allowance possible for Some mobile phone providers as they can block dial-up connections from their network. there will be a failure in case when you make an attempt to connect to a dial-up ISP or to send a dial-up fax by means of your cell phone from your system.

Check with your mobile phone provider to see whether this option is available on its network. Some mobile phone providers may block or disallow analog dial-up connections from their network. In such instances, if you try to connect to a dial-up ISP or to send a dial-up fax via your cell phone from your computer, you may fail to establish a connection.

just make sure of the method to be used for connection to be appropriate for your mobile network and then make use to pair the system to your phone by means of Bluetooth Setup Assistant .
      1. in the mentioned located in /Applications/Utilities , try to open Bluetooth Setup Assistant
      2. then make a pairing of your phone to your system .
      3. there will be a prompt appearing and afterward make a selection of the option to Access the Internet with your phone's data connection . select connection method which will prove appropriate for your mobile service.
    1. connection setting information will be provided in the next screen . make sure with your mobile phone provider and/or ISP for additional information, if there is some doubt for your name, password, or other information to be entered.choose the appropriate modem script for your phone afterward . there will be dial up and direct connection options shown afterward
    2. phone should be ready to connect after finishing the Setup Assistant

i can suppose in this connection that if you have a click and then hold the device you are paired with but not connected you can select to unpair, click it again and it will be able to connect. this problem generally occurs when you make some mistake around the connection of the bluetooth.

you can try with some of the methods and you will find easy while doing this. o was of the similar problem and the problem was resolved in my case.
    • at first , try with turning off bluetooth.
    • try with turning the phone off then back on
    • turn on the bluetooth afterward
    • finally turn on your bluetooth headset.

to make use of the hands free support available in the car which is enabled by Bluetooth, there was no problem and i managed to pair my iPhone 4S with my 2008 Mazda CX9 . it took some time to make the connection , when i was making the connection for the first time. the phone and car's Bluetooth automatic re-connection was very faster , at the time of re-entering in the car later.

i have a new 2010 Honda CRV and there was a similar pairing problem with my iphone 4s (ios5.0). there were no problems with the previous version of an iphone 4. there is no use of hands free in newly purchased car until we resolve the problem.

i had similar problems with my MacBook Pro and th possible solution could work in your case.
    1. First turn on the BT device.
    2. go to the Moment's Wireless screen and then turn on Bluetooth
    3. enter the menu after you tap the Bluetooth Settings . there should be mentioning of saying "paired but not connected" . after wards just tap the name of the device and then tap "Scan for Devices" IMMEDIATELY .
    4. there should be "connected to phone audio" saying

this might be solve the issue.

thanks for the solution. i was in a new car where i was finding solution for it as it was not able to make a connection by means of bluetooth and the solution did work for me.

my iphone 4s doesn't connect with my mercedes benz

Quote Originally Posted by basuki View Post
    my iphone 4s doesn't connect with my mercedes benz
    One of my friend was able to sync his iphone 4s with his mercedes model 2009. Instead of having the phone search for the car, allow the car to search for the phone and then make sure bluetooth is on, on the handheld and then go into phone, in the car and set up bluetooth devices. Use code "0000" on both the phone and the car and you should see a link.

smile Re: unable to connect iPhone 4S Bluetooth with iPad1, MacBook Pro or Automobile BT

Quote Originally Posted by spearMan View Post
    One of my friend was able to sync his iphone 4s with his mercedes model 2009. Instead of having the phone search for the car, allow the car to search for the phone and then make sure bluetooth is on, on the handheld and then go into phone, in the car and set up bluetooth devices. Use code "0000" on both the phone and the car and you should see a link.
    Dear spearMan,
    Tank you for your email, my iPhone 4S had paired with mercedez c200 by using passkey code "0000"