Thread: Location services is constantly used by Siri on iPhone 4S

Location services is constantly used by Siri on iPhone 4S

Hi guys I am really annoyed buy the Siri feature of Location services as its look as if it is constantly up and I can see the icon on the home screen I Don't know whether it is my phone but what I have heard Siri uses this feature only if there need to use it because of this my phone battery is really getting the beating because of this and I have no idea what is wrong with this can anyone here help me on this issue I would be really appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: Location services is constantly used by Siri on iPhone 4S

I think this is one common problem even I am having this and I am sure that apple is aware of the problem but do not yet know the source of inconvenience. Therefore, the company remotely monitors phones for plaintiffs with their permission of course to find a solution as quickly as possible. It is clear that this is probably due to a software problem. Also, Apple should probably release a patch

Unfortunately there are also other problems that they must certainly pay much less important but sometimes annoying as volume remains high after Siri Location services which constantly working and it feature that appears to be the problem So perhaps agree with the big battery problem.

Yeah I do consider this is true and the just the location service is not responsible to battery consumption and the battery drainage is likely improving rapidly, because the iPhone 4s Siri just requires a super bandwidth and thus cause the phone to make additional efforts and take more energy.

iOS 5 on my iPhone 4 is take more energy than previous versions in that which takes between 1.5 and 2.5 days without recharging and it depends on heavy use . Care must be taken of course to activate only the really necessary options such as location-based services, notifications, continuous data backup in iCloud, etc My friend has an Android Smartphone and the discharge rate of the this phone is less than iPhone 4. The problems of rapid discharges are "normal" for a Smartphone.

Hey I understand what you people ment I am also saying the same but the problem is there is no way that I know to shut the use of the location service by the phone I tried once to restarted handset which make it's gone. Seems like it’s the same way on the android, have problem then reboot.

As Siri knows your current location and other locations such as home and officeIt can remind you to do things by leaving a place or arrive in another. So if you tell Siri Remind me to call my wife leaving the office Siri run. To disable the ability for Siri to determine your position, go to Settings > Location Services and turn off the option to Siri. However whatever the setting for Siri Locator Service on or off , information about where you are will not be tracked or stored outside of your phone.

No you have complete wrong idea about this you need not have to restart your device like Android all you need to do is to
    1. Double click on the home screen
    2. Now there you will see the four of the last apps left open that are still running
    3. Just have to press and keep hold the till it wiggle and the red minus sign appears.
    4. Now tab all to close that app

You will see continues adding up the app there which remained opened just close all if required and just single tab to return back to home screen

This is actually not helping me as this is not what a feature problem but the whole Siri problem and that’s not the part of tray I have already tried that and this didn’t work for me the only solution is to restart the phone nothing else