Thread: Can I add word to Siri vocabulary to get the correct pronunciation of name?

Can I add word to Siri vocabulary to get the correct pronunciation of name?

I am using iPhone from past couple of days on which I am running Siri. Well it’s a really useful program according to me. However I have found that the Siri is not able to do appropriate ponaunciation of the name? can I add vocalizations of names in Siri?

Re: Can I add word to Siri vocabulary to get the correct pronunciation of name?

So far you are not able to do the same. since the Siri is into the beta stage. Hence I am expecting that there are great chance of changing the code of the software. We should wait till the final version of the software has been released.

Well I am also looking to same thing which you have said in the thread. Right now I am in touch with the people who are having non-standard names and I am not able to remember their name by any mean.
    I don’t think so it will be worth to use Siri until and unless this particular feature is being enhanced by the Apple team. I am waiting for the positive response from the Apple team.

You can try the following steps to update the correctly pronounced name on Siri.
    • You have to activate the Siri by simply holding the home button and wait till you hear a beep.
    • No you have to say “Call me ____” in the blank you have to say desired name.
    • Now you will hear replay “From now on, I’ll call you ____. OK? And you have to say Ok.

To manually update the phonetic spelling of the name of yours can be updated as follow.
    1. Launch the contact app and choose the name of yours.
    2. Now you have tap Edit.
    3. you have to scroll to the bottom and Tap on the add field.
    4. you have to tap Phonetic First Name or Phonetic Last Name.
    5. finally you have to fill out the phonetic spelling of the name and Tap on Done.

I have used the steps to add the phonetic of the surname into the contact area of the name. can you tell me how can I tweak this? How this particular software will recognized which field should be selected? How it will apply for the all members and the surname?

It is working for your name only, if you are looking to use the same for other thing than it will not work for you at all. According to me meaning of the tweaking is to change the phonetic spelling until and unless Siri able to get the right thing. you can try with adding multiple e or some kind of spelling like ‘eyer’ or ‘ire’ so that you can make the multiple word name for you.

Well Siri is the building system and it need to learn for the number of different humans who are using it so that it can build the AI. You cannot left all the thing on the beta tester only. I think it will take lots of time to make the same as we are looking for.

I am really expecting that developer of the software are already working on the above mentioned issue. If you are looking for the feature like dragon dictation than the performance would be quite awesome. Also they can provide any other simple solution like add a text input box for the voice recognition which will match with the voice of yours with the proper word. I am hoping that the developer of the Apple will work on the same and provide the appropriate results.