Thread: DVD Disc not working well in the new PS3

DVD Disc not working well in the new PS3

As recently I have bought the new PS3 of 320 GB. I must say that I was waiting for this since when. But when I try to play the dvddisc it is not able to read it and when I tried with the Blu-ray disc it works fine. And I have also tested only with the DVD palyer and the TV it is working fine. The only thing which is not working in the PS3 is the DVD disc.

So for this I want to know have any one of you came with this type of issue and if yes, then what did you do fix it.

Re: DVD Disc not working well in the new PS3

As you are saying that PS3 is not able to read the DVD disc then I would like to know that with what disc have you tried with, I mean was it the original copy or the illegal copy. Because sometimes people try with the illegal copy and the disc fails to read it. So it is better you try with the original one instead of going with the pirated one.

Actually I have tried first with the illegal copy but after doing for the several times it was unable to read it. So I tried with the original one but came with the same result the DVD disc was unable to read it.

First thing I would say that as you have used the illegal copy for the playing the games are totally against the law. And secondly I want to ask you is that have you changed any settings in the console. As what happens is that people always try to fiddle with the settings though the problem might be some different. So don’t try to change the settings unless you are aware about the issue which has occurred by changing the settings or it can be solved by doing the same.

Since the console was not able to read the disc I tried going through changing the settings but after it didn’t solved the issue of the disc I changed the settings again to default. So now my PS3 settings are same as it was earlier.

See as you are saying that PS3 of your is not able to read the DVD disc, as you tried doing various way and still you are facing the same issue. So I would like to know when you enter the disc do you see the “XMB Video Menu” and while doing this see that it is set to “AUTO” in the video output. And if the disc does not read it try with the various DVD disc you have and see if any of the DVD works in it or not.

The settings is already set to the auto for the video output and when DVD disc inserted I can see the XMB Video Menu. But when trying with the various DVD I see that any of the DVD is not readable. So is there any other solution I can try with so that my PS3 console read the disc and able to play the games from my DVD.

See after trying with this all and still you are facing the same problem then you should try contacting the customer support care of the Sony PS3 as they would let you know the exact reason of the DVD disc not reading. Since you have bought the PS3 recently I assume that your console would be coming within warranty.

So my advice to you is that it is better to contact them instead of trying yourself and damaging other settings or other parts of the console.