Thread: Lenovo T400 not resuming from hibernation

Lenovo T400 not resuming from hibernation

I am having a Lenovo T400 and I have also installed 8.10 x64 RC and I am having the same with Intel X4500 integrated graphics and 4GB ram and the problem that I am facing is that the screen is flickering for a no of times simultaneously and then it goes in the sleep mode and I have found that it gives some text as well and after then when I try to resume then the screen will appear half-drawn. I really don’t have any idea about what is going on. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Lenovo T400 not resuming from hibernation

I am having a Lenovo T400 and I have also installed 8.10 x64 RC and I am having the same with Intel X4500 integrated graphics and 4GB ram and the problem that I am facing is that the screen is flickering for a no of times simultaneously and then it goes in the sleep mode and I have found that it gives some text as well and after then when I try to resume then the screen will appear half-drawn. I really don’t have any idea about what is going on. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Your problem seems to be weird but then I just wanted to ask that what is the message or the text that you got after the flickering of the screen, so I can check it out and help you further as well.

It was very fast so I was not able to get them all but then I have captured some of them and it appear to something like below:
    “btusb_intr_complete failed to resubmit
    btusb_send_frame submission failed”

I just wanted to know that is there any log that I can refer to find the cause of the problem??

I was having the same problem but then I had refer to the Ubuntu tweak in order to solve the problem but then I am not that sure that it will work out for the Lenovo T400. You can at least try it out and see if it is helping you out or not?

I am aware of it and I have also referred to the Ubuntu-tweak and I have found that they are just providing solution to turn hibernation / suspend on and off an I have tried the same as well but then I don’t think that it is making any difference. As far as I think the problem is related to the driver for the Intel X4500 but then I am not very sure about the same. I have tried out a no of basic solution like rebooting it again and also doing hard reset and so but none of them is helping me out. So if there is anyone who has a solution for this problem then please share it here and it will be highly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem and in my case the problem started after I switched to the Ubuntu 8.10 and I have done the same recently. I was using the same laptop with the Ubuntu 8.04 and I had never faced any such problem before. I have found that the it is able to resume back very fast but then the problem is that it gets stuck in between with the half screen and the mouse pointers not reacting at all and after some seconds it reboots automatically and I don’t know what text it splashes because it is too fast in my case. I have been trying to solve it out since when but then no matter what I try I am getting the same response for it. It will be very helpful if anyone provides a solution for the same.

I will suggest you to try out a workaround, Just save the below code in /etc/pm/sleep.d/00CPU and make sure that you are having the 755 permissions and also name the file as 00CPU so it gets executed before anything.
    #!/bin/sh
    # Workaround for concurrency bug in xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.4.1-1ubuntu10.
    # Save this as /etc/pm/sleep.d/00CPU

. "${PM_FUNCTIONS}"

case "$1" in
    hibernate|suspend)
    for i in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/online ; do
    echo 0 >$i
    done
    ;;
    thaw|resume)
    sleep 10 # run with one core for 10 secs
    for i in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/online ; do
    echo 1 >$i
    done
    ;;
    *)
    ;;
    esac
    Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I have tried out the above code and I had made sure that I am having the 755 permissions and it is saved in the /etc/pm/sleep.d/00CPU as well but then I don’t think that it is making any difference. Is there any other method that I can try out?? I really need to solve it out so please help!!

Hey I am really thankful to you for providing me that code and it has worked perfectly for me and I have solved the issue as well, I don’t know how come it is not working for others with the same problem, Anyways thanks to you once again and to others as well, I really appreciate you help.