Thread: hp pavilion keeps restarting and error code: -1

hp pavilion keeps restarting and error code: -1

hello guys. i will gladly appreciate help coming from anyone who can help me with my problem in my laptop. HP Pavillion because earlier today I downloaded a file(a dragon nest modification) and right after i downloaded it , the laptop restarted and it did over and over again until finally the automatic restore(cant remember the exact name) showed up and it tried to automatically fix my laptop but in the end it showed the message that "the problem cannot be fixed" and "send information for further notice" something like that. now i can use again my laptop but whenever i run the full scan of my AV (Kaspersky 2012) , it will restart again and whenever i look at the task manager of my AV it says that error code: -1 and it always happen i cannot finish my AV scan so i decided not to scan. what can be the problem? any solution/s? im suspecting that a virus attacked my laptop but i cant find a way to remove it ( just my suspicion) anyways TIA .

Re: hp pavilion keeps restarting and error code: -1

Yes, it sure seems to be a virus has infected your laptop. What you can do is download Malwarebytes and scan your laptop to remove all the nasties that might have infected your laptop. After the detailed scanning it will generate a log for the viruses that were removed, just copy the log files here and get back to us.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600