Thread: Windows 7 not working in the Gateway C-140XL tablet

Windows 7 not working in the Gateway C-140XL tablet

As I’m using the gateway C-140XL tablet pc what I want to say is that from past two days I’m noticing that the strange things are happening in my tablet. What happens is that the cursor stucks at one of the place, virtual keyboard does not appear on-screen, have to tap it hard on the screen and many more. So I would like to know what may be the reason for not working of the C-140XL tablet.

re: Windows 7 not working in the Gateway C-140XL tablet

See if you are having trouble with the C-140XL tablet then one thing you should do is that try restarting the tab when it happens.

Before I suggest you with the issue of yours I would like to know from when you are facing this issue and what have you tried doing with.

As I have told you that am new to the tablet pc and don’t know much about it. So I haven’t tried with any of the things to solve the issue. Due to this I have not tried risking with any of the solutions. So can anyone from you could help me with the tab getting back to normal state as it was working earlier.

For this I would like to tell you that if your tab is not working properly then try re-installing the Wacom's drivers with the latest version available and also try re-installing the drivers of the display and check whether it is working properly or not. I guess since you are having the issue of the cursor getting stucked and having no response from the screen while tapping on it then re-installing the drivers could help you to solve the issue.

I tried re-installing the drivers in the tab but still I’m facing the same issue. So I would like to know any other solution which can help me to solve out. As I know there is no issue with the tab as the features in the tab are best, but where I’m getting doubt in the tab is the windows 7 OS.

If you have tried re-installing the drivers and still facing the same issue than I must say you that you should try following things and see whether it works or not:

• For this turn OFF the your tablet
    • Now after doing this remove your battery from the tab
    • Wait for few minutes after removing battery (10 min)
    • Now place the battery back to the tablet and turn ON the tablet
    • Now check whether you are facing the same issue or not.

Because doing this sometimes solve the issue. So my advice to you is that try doing with the above procedure and see whether you are able to solve the issue or not.

I’m having the same issue and also tried with the above procedure but not able to fix the issue. I even tried with the reinstalling of drivers but only the cursor issue got fixed but other issue are still the same. So what should be done in this case.

I’m having the same issue and also tried with the above procedure but not able to fix the issue. I even tried with the reinstalling of drivers but only the cursor issue got fixed but other issue are still the same. So what should be done in this case?
    See as you tried with the above solutions and still you are not able to fix the issues in your gateway Gateway C-140Xl tab then one thing you can do is that try reinstalling the windows 7. As sometime re-installing of the OS also solves the issue as sometimes corrupted system files get fixed doing this.

I tried re-installing the windows 7 and also tried with the above solutions but still am not getting the issue fixed. So for this one of my friend suggested me to contact the customer support care of the gateway and to talk them about the issue. So I guess doing this would be the right thing as I don’t want to risk more by doing myself.

Re: Windows 7 not working in the Gateway C-140XL tablet

As you are having problem with the C-140XL tablet then I must recommend you that it is better you contact to the tech support of the gateway. Since by contacting them would let you solve your issue regarding the cursor and screen not working properly. As I had some sort of issue like you in my tablet and contacted directly to them and found out that touch sense was not working and later on got fixed through them. So it is better you contact to the support care rather than trying yourself and damaging other parts also.