Thread: Need help on the white screen of death on BlackBerry Torch 9800

Need help on the white screen of death on BlackBerry Torch 9800

I don’t know what is wrong with this but last night when took my phone to call my friend I notice my phone was showing the just a white screen and was the same after the restart also don’t know . I did not drop the phone or have it get wet however the phone still able to accept messages as the handset vibrates and the indicator light flashes while a fresh message comes in. I have downloaded the DM from Verizon I believe its edition 4.5 I have erase every apps on my handset. I don’t know how to reload the OS. i also believe i remove the vendor file however am not actually certain. Can anyone her help me on this issue I would be really glad to know this

Re: Need help on the white screen of death on BlackBerry Torch 9800

Well what I suggest is first get the information of why this is often happens should need to grasp why you get the a white screen previous to you are trying to repair it. Does one grasp what's the basis for it just like the dropping it, get it wet, corrupt files, etc.?

My BlackBerry 9700 would only boot up to a blank white screen. I modified the battery, visited T Mobile and got a replacement Sim Card, used the drop methodology, plugged it in to my laptop and Desktop Manager everything I may consider. I finally downloaded the Operating Software and uploaded it. Still nothing. thus I known as client support and fortunately the phone was beneath warranty. The new one visited white screen solely. I sent it back and therefore the third one arrived. It too would solely boot up to white screen. Out of desperation, I downloaded an OLDER version of the OS. I uploaded it and low and behold the damn phone finally booted up. i am going to never upgrade the OS once more.

If any of your encountering the error where your blackberry goes to a white screen once a random time then asking a restart to correct, I even have found the matter to be the battery. i used to be employing a third party battery, once I popped within the original one, all issues were resolved. Hope this helps anyone with this issue

I have solely been obtaining the white screen of death throughout the last 3 weeks and solely with a 3rd party battery one clearly a 3rd party battery, the opposite purporting to be a RIM original, however at half the worth of a battery from a recognized vendor, I even have my doubts . i'll place my original rim battery in and see if it's the battery. i'm suspicious that it should be the battery, however logic says it mustn't be. The white screens of death are thus random, that I cannot pin point what triggers them.

I think I even have fixed the issue . The battery wasn't fitting properly and therefore the case wasn't closing in place. I switched it with the battery within the alternative device to this point thus smart. The battery does not slot in the opposite device either may it has expanded?

A word of caution for those of you daring enough to aim to disassemble your Blackberry it'll Not solely will this void the warranty however it’s incredibly risky and that i hate to feel liable for destroyed devices.

I have an same issue. T-Mobile told me it absolutely was my software, however that not the case. I even have currently removed all the apps on my phone and therefore the screen continues to be white. My phone continues to be under warranty however they said if the harm is my fault they're going to charge me for the new phone.

All you have got to try to is straightforward. In the beginning restart your device by pulling the battery. Connect the device to a wall charger, once LED is lit, connect your battery. After you see the hourglass icon hit the "BlackBerry" Button, followed by the "back" button twice. this is often a though a short lived fix, however can get you thru the day and prevent a cash

I place tape on the rear of the screen and for a short while everything worked. Then it started once more. It started with a white screen that may repaint the correct screen as I moved the cursor around. Then it might keep white once removing from the cover till it had gone blank because of the screen saver and would be OK when one thing caused the screen to show once more. Then it started staying white till it felt like displaying one thing once more, this might be hours and removing the battery had no impact. thus I took it to items once more and it's currently operating once more. after I took it to items the insulation tape on the rear of the screen was still fine thus i believe this is often not the real cause and therefore the fault is briefly mounted by taking it to items. i'm positive somebody should grasp what the $real drawback is and that we aren't being told.

It's the LCD video data ribbon cable, the insulation gets cut by rubbing on a metal grounding stap located next to the cable and then electrically shorts the cable to ground. I disassembled mine, wrapped the ribbon cable with electrical tape, re-assembled and works fine currently. i used to be obtaining the white screen of death constantly currently it's excellent.