Thread: BlackBerry bold 9000 stuck on initializing device when connected to PC

BlackBerry bold 9000 stuck on initializing device when connected to PC

Is this normal when I try to connectect my pc trough the USB cable on to the PC with Desktop manager it just get hang and display the error You've connected a new Blackberry device: Initializing device now the computer recognize my BlackBerry phone and I am using the latest version of Desktop manager and also once uninstalled and reinstall still not much of a help . can anyone here can help me on this I would be nice I will really appreciating this please

Thanks

Re: BlackBerry bold 9000 stuck on initializing device when connected to PC

Hey I had somewhat same issue such as you facing I had Blackberry Desktop Manager version 5.x put in. I downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop Software v6.1 software from the link saying that this download was to upgrade existing desktop manager. The installation completed while not problems. once beginning Version 6.1 for the primary time and being asked to attach a blackberry device, I connected my different Blackberry Bold9930. a replacement window opened that said "You've connected a replacement BlackBerry device" "Initializing device", and it has been hanging like that for nearly two hours. the most window shows the Blackberry properly seen by model, sort and pin and as never synced and never secured. Any facilitate would be greatly appreciated.

Although this is often shows as an upgrade to Desktop Manager 5.x, it's extremely a replacement. It doesn't upgrade something, however just installs the new one. that the very first thing you will wish to form certain of is whether or not the recent version continues to be on the pc. attend your management Panel on your pc and click on Programs and options. If you see the other BlackBerry Desktop Software version beside the 6.1 then uninstall it. This different version may still be making an attempt to speak along with your device, inflicting this issue to occur. ensure you reboot your pc once this is often done. let me recognize if this facilitates or if you would like any further help.

Just to add to my troubles, I simply perform a quick take a look at by making new Vista profile and was able to initialize new device in DM and back it up while not issue. currently i'm extremely confused. However, I cannot simply abandon using my recent profile - to several customizations/settings there . If anybody has a concept on the way to resolve this quagmire, please help!

i feel the Operating system can be the issue i had to use my laptop and that i came to understand that my laptop is windows 7 64 bit i feel that was my problem. Used my laptop XP 32o bit and it worked fine i got the white screen back

I am having the precise same issue is there a fix for this? I even have a different install of Windows seven 64-bit new installation of the desktop manager. employing a BlackBerry 9700. i attempted two separate BlackBerry Bold 9700 with identical error on every. this is often not a case of recent software. have to be compelled to get this resolved...any assistance is greatly appreciated.