Thread: BlackBerry Bold 9780 battery drains quickly

BlackBerry Bold 9780 battery drains quickly

Hi, i am having very serious battery draining issue with the phone i have mentioned, any idea what could be the problem? Please let me know some solution for the same, any will be appreciated.

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9780 battery drains quickly

well there could be so many reason causing such problem with the phone thus see it would be better if you simply make sure whether there is some problem with the hardware itself or with the firmware that you have installed?

Have you ever noticed that the battery gets overheating whenever you moderately use the phone? Because overheating can cause such draining issue with the phone.

But along with that it would be better if you simply get the phone and its accessories tested. And as far as testing is concerned you should try to make use of another battery and the charger as well, and if suppose you are getting any difference over there that simply means there is some problem with any of the hardware.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and see whether you are getting the same problem or not because it might be possible that there could be some problem with the firmware and not with the hardware, and i personally believes like as far as troubleshooting is concerned it would be better to start from the firmware itself. Thus you should once try to reset the firmware of the phone and see whether you are getting the same problem or what?

But while doing this you should also make sure you have taken backup of important data or else they will be wiped out from the device and that you can’t recover ever.

see though i am agree with the above user but still have you ever tried resetting the firmware if the phone, because i don’t think resetting the firmware will help you anyways..!

Why don’t you visit the service center dude? Because see no matter what is the problem with the phone but still you’ll surely get some sort of solution from there. In fact it would be more beneficial in case of replacing any hardware. I mean to say if suppose you are having problem because of some of the hardware in the phone then they will be replaced from the service center and if the device will be in the warranty period then you may not have to pay anything to them as all the services will be given free of cost.