Thread: Synaptics Gesture Suite now available for Linux

Synaptics Gesture Suite now available for Linux

I got the news from somewhere that the Synaptics Gesture Suite now available for Linux. I searched for this on some other sites on internet but not got much information about this. So I thought to start my own thread over here so that I can get replies from other people and clear any doubt that might come in my mind. So I request you people to provide some detailed information about this over here.

Re: Synaptics Gesture Suite now available for Linux

Yes, this is true as the Synaptics Gesture Suite is ready for your touchpad's multi-touch function for the free operating system Linux for free download. However vorest only for OEM customers. Gestures such as the spreading two fingers or wipe from right or left on the touchpad now allows to perform various actions. More complex gestures such as turning two fingers to transform an image is also executable.

Synaptics Gesture Suite extends its native support for supporting Linux distributions like Fedora, Miles Linpus, Red Flag, SLED 11 (Suse), Ubuntu, Xandros and developing new systems like Google Chrome OS. This would provide Linux support for advanced multi-touch gestures to interact through various Trackpad / Touchpad Synaptics technology. Both simple and complex gestures of movement, rotation or zoom encompass the Synaptics drivers for Windows. I am also very excited about this. I found his information from the internet.

Synaptics has announced it will soon make available the driver set Gesture Suite on GNU / Linux, supporting multi-touch actions across the TouchPad in the most popular systems such as Ubuntu and Fedora, future Google Chrome OS. Linux will support native and advanced through various touch gestures interact in the Trackpad / Touchpad to equip the relevant technology from Synaptics. Gestures of all kinds is basic to the most complex scroll motion, rotation or zoom in order to provide the same functionality available for today's drivers on the Windows platform.

Here are the supported systems: Fedora, Miles Linpus, Red Flag, SLED 11 (SuSE), Ubuntu, Xandros and Google ChromeOS.

I would like to tell you that the software is only available for OEM and ODM products ordered and ClickPad TouchPad. In other words, do not expect to get the update through a Gesture Suite with your distro's package manager.

This is great news for users of keyboards on Linux: the builder of the great majority of them, Synaptics, has announced it will offer support for various distributions to its suite of gesture recognition. Synaptics currently hold up for the Linux operating system Fedora Millos Linpus, Red Flag, SUSE, Ubuntu and Xandros . However, it seems the multi-touch integration is not easy to be feasible, the manufacturer of the hardware must be working for a replacement driver.