Thread: Is it possible to send contacts Via SMS in Nokia Lumia 800

Is it possible to send contacts Via SMS in Nokia Lumia 800

Today I was in office when my boss asked me to send a client contact to hi phone and I was like spending the whole afternoon searching that option on my phone I came from the android to windows phone by the way my phone is Nokia Lumia 800 unable do so . I then had to mail the info. so guys is there anyone who can assist me to how can I be able to send the contact info trough the SMS I would be really glad to know this

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to send contacts Via SMS in Nokia Lumia 800

Seriously i used to be irritated to search out this functionality missing. However, I did realize a fairly cool app textcontact light-weight. It's within the marketplace and is free, and appears to try and do precisely what you wish. it's a work-around, though because it simply digs into your contacts to retrieve the knowledge you wish and insert it into an SMS. It worked for my functions, and till the native contact app will do it, this can suffice, I suppose. Hopefully this answers your question.

Yeah, it's awkward not having some basic functionality that we tend to simply take with no consideration currently. i am hoping we'll get this back at once

I simply looked around my WP7 phone and here's what I see VCards are often emailed to WP7 or downloaded from the net, and therefore the phone is aware of what to try and do with them....it exposes the files within the Contacts application and everything appearance nice and you'll be able to save the vCard as a Contact, however VCards can not be created on WP7 at this point. This I frustrating

I will recommend you a an answer , till this functionality is added to Windows Phones either by Microsoft or by a third party developer i am going to in all probability simply email my vCard to myself and save the e-mail on my phone. Then i am going to have the e-mail accessible if i need to send my VCard to anyone. Some months ago, I created a digital business card for myself through Cardly , therefore i am going to in all probability you'll be able to create use that too.

There appear to be some obvious omissions with the operating system on Windows phones, OK most don't have an effect on the operation of the phone however they're very annoying in that they stop your phone being personal to you. I talk over with the few things I found inside the primary day of possession of my Nokia Lumia 800, firstly that i used to be unable to send a contact trough SMA as there's no choice to send via SMs , secondly that I couldn't assign an honest loud noticeable ringtone

Quote Originally Posted by RaviNath View Post
    Today I was in office when my boss asked me to send a client contact to hi phone and I was like spending the whole afternoon searching that option on my phone I came from the android to windows phone by the way my phone is Nokia Lumia 800 unable do so . I then had to mail the info. so guys is there anyone who can assist me to how can I be able to send the contact info trough the SMS I would be really glad to know this

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice of textcontact light-weight. i am going to check it out. i do not fathom you, however i am feeling overwhelmed by the applications within the marketplace. i believe there is a heap of junk there, therefore i am perpetually glad to urge a recommendation for an application that really will one thing helpful.

i believe I even have have} got the answer though I don’t have Nokia Lumia however i believe this would possibly facilitate actually I actually have found how to send contact data via text or email message. If you wish to send an address to somebody, you'll be able to open up the contact, faucet the address and you may see that the Maps application exposes. Then faucet the address and you'll be able to then choose the share icon on very cheap of the screen. Then you'll be able to choose Messaging or one amongst your email accounts to text or email the address to somebody.

I can't realize that textcontactlight app within the Market Place and therefore the trick with the address does not appear to convey me the choice the share icon once I faucet on it. the shortcoming to only send a business card is very frustrating.

I simply got me a Nokia Lumia 800, nice piece of hardware, a iPhone killer! however.. The OS: appearance fantastic, however when it involves sending a contact vcard , using the phone in a very automobile that has Microsoft embedded automotive on board , sending a sms to a different range than the quality mobile range. enjoying video straight from a file. quickly search a contact ans decision, DLNA, connectivity to MS media center , instead Zune Why not use fantastic opportunities within the OS, attempt to create MS phone seven wished, rather than following within the footsteps of the "smash my phone against a wall" ms mobile up to six.5 . i am seriously considering obtaining a Nokia E6 to unharnessed myself from daily Windows Phone seven

Will this operating simply to show, you'll be able to send texts to alternate phone numbers. When viewing a message thread, faucet the Switch button (the 2 arrows) at very cheap of the screen, and then faucet "more phone numbers".