Thread: How to import maps favorites on Nokia Lumia 800

How to import maps favorites on Nokia Lumia 800

Hi guys I have just bought this windows phone and really enjoying the experience of this phone now I was using Nokia map with my previous phone Nokia N8 before this phone and I was just wonder is that anyone who know How can I acquire my Maps favorites on the OVI account to the Maps on my Nokia Lumia 800? I would be really glad if someone helps me on this as I am new to windows phone. I will be really appreciate if anyone care to help thanks

Re: How to import maps favorites on Nokia Lumia 800

Hey guys i am also want to know the same thing but the thing is I want to know how can I transfer the Maps favorites from one device to another? I would be really glad if some on help me on this thanks

This is really not that troublesome all you have to try to is within the device from that you would like to copy the favorites do this move to Favorites menu and choose Sync or Synchronizes with Ovi or faucet Manage Favorites . Go then to Favorites menu within the destination device and choose the sync command to repeat the favorites, routes and collections to your new device. When synchronizing with Nokia net service, you may be prompted for your Nokia account name and password if you haven't provided the knowledge earlier.

You can just read your saved places and routes on the Maps web site at Nokia web content

You can still produce, read and delete collections using your mobile device

When you synchronize things between the Maps application and also the Nokia Maps net service, the maps aren't automatically downloaded to your phone throughout the synchronization. Use the Nokia Ovi Suite application to download the most recent maps to your compatible computer , and then copy them to your phone. If you have got edited your Favorites things in each the Maps application and also the Nokia Maps net service since the last synchronization, following time you synchronize, the foremost recently edited item is synchronized to each.

That seems to be an option to me but I doubt that it would work on Lumia but worth a shot And To use the Nokia Maps net service, go here . as per my know there are lot of people having this issue and it not yet solve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doraiswamy View Post
    That seems to be an option to me but I doubt that it would work on Lumia but worth a shot And To use the Nokia Maps net service, go here . as per my know there are lot of people having this issue and it not yet solve

Thanks
    I think I will assist you however I don’t have Nokia Lumia 800 or ant windows device however i assume this would possibly assist you to synchronize the locations and routes you have got stored in your Nokia mobile device to your Nokia account, do the following:
    • Open the Ovi Maps application on your mobile device.
    • choose Favorites
    • In there Synchronies with Ovi.
    • Enter your Nokia account username and password, and choose OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaisora View Post
    Hi guys I have just bought this windows phone and really enjoying the experience of this phone now I was using Nokia map with my previous phone Nokia N8 before this phone and I was just wonder is that anyone who know How can I acquire my Maps favorites on the OVI account to the Maps on my Nokia Lumia 800? I would be really glad if someone helps me on this as I am new to windows phone. I will be really appreciate if anyone care to help thanks

I also have Nokia Lumia 800 and I was also looking for this question but apparently this is no answer to this in fact I have read in one article that this is still underdevelopment so the bottom line is that the integration between Maps and Drive on the Lumia 800 is not yet achieved