Thread: Not able to configure APN in Nokia lumnia 800

Not able to configure APN in Nokia lumnia 800

I have recently bought a Nokia lumnia 800 for myself and i have bought it from Orange France, i have got it unlocked from a genuine Orange France some days ago as it was sim-locked when i had bought it. I am now able to use any sim card for calling, emailing and chatting but then the problem that i am having is that i am not able to connect to the 3g network. I have set to configure the apn but then i am not able to get any success. Is there anyone who can help me with same.

Re: Not able to configure APN in Nokia lumnia 800

I have recently bought a Nokia lumnia 800 for myself and i have bought it from Orange France, i have got it unlocked from a genuine Orange France some days ago as it was sim-locked when i had bought it. I am now able to use any sim card for calling, emailing and chatting but then the problem that i am having is that i am not able to connect to the 3g network. I have set to configure the apn but then i am not able to get any success. Is there anyone who can help me with same.
    I think that you should contact your operator for the same because the apn settings vary from operator to operator so just contact them and they will definetly help you out. Best of luck.

No they did not helped me out, i had contacted them yesterday and i have also checked/confirmed apn settings with them as well but the same is not working out for me. Other than this i have tried the following by now:
    • Tried turning it on and off several times.
    • Did phone reset a no of times as well.

I think that the apn setting that the operators have provided is right but then there is something that is stopping it to connect to the 3g but then i am not that sure about the same. I just want to know that what should i do now??

I will suggest you to try out the following:
    • Put your sim card in your phone.
    • Then just go in to the Settings > About > "Reset your phone"
    • This will reset everything again.

Before trying this if you are having important data on your phone then take a backup of the same because this will erase all the data of the phone, Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Even i am facing the same problem and i have tested it out differently as well, i mean that i have just checked my phone with my brother simcard which is from the Swisscom operator and after configuring the apn i was able to connect to the 3g without any problem. I have also tried to put my sim card in my friends lumnia and there my simcard is working fine again and i am not facing any such problem but then when i am my friends sim card in my phone which belongs to the same operator than it is not working. I am really running out of ideas now but then i do need to solve it out somehow. Please help!!

I have heard that there is a Network Setup app which has been released so i think that you can try out the same, i am not aware of it as i have not used it by now but then i think that you can give it a try and see if it fixes the issue. Best of luck.

I am also having Lumia 800 from Orange France but then it is locked yet and i have found that i am not able to send MMS within the state as well. I have also tried to switch the sim card and the phone like you have tried out but then they did not made any difference in that case and i am still not able to send mms, By now i have tried my sim in following phones:
    • iPhone
    • Mobicarte
    • HTC Android
    • Lumia

But i have got the same response from them, is there anyone who can help me out in configuring MMS APN for Orange in France?? any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

I think that i am having the worst case from you all and it is that i have recently bought a sim free Nokia Lumia at UK and it was working fine in uk without any problem but then now when i have came to turkey at my friend's place then i am not able to browse the web, the only thing that i am able to do is making call and send messages. Firstly i was thinking that there is something wrong with the applications that connects to the internet but then when i tried to add APN from the cellular setting tab then it is not working either. I really don't know what is going wrong, I have also contacted the service provider as well but they said that nothing is wrong from their side. Any one can help??

I have searched the whole market place but then i have not yet found any Network Setup app by now, so i just wanted to know that where can i get it and what is the exact name of it?? if you are aware of it then can you just provide me the link for the same?? any further help will be appreciated.