Thread: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 not working properly after SSD upgrade

Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 not working properly after SSD upgrade

I am using a Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 and i have recently upgraded my ssd and i have also made the use of the OEM recovery disk and i have instlled the windows update and i have made it dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 as well and by now it was working fine by now but then today i was using comix in Ubuntu but then i was having problem in turning pages in full screen and it appeared as if it is not compatible in Ubuntu . Later i switched to the xp and then the case was worst i mean none of the button's are working now. Is there anyone who has faced ,the same and has an idea about it an can help me out as well. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 not working properly after SSD upgrade

I am using a Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 and i have recently upgraded my ssd and i have also made the use of the OEM recovery disk and i have instlled the windows update and i have made it dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 as well and by now it was working fine by now but then today i was using comix in Ubuntu but then i was having problem in turning pages in full screen and it appeared as if it is not compatible in Ubuntu . Later i switched to the xp and then the case was worst i mean none of the button's are working now. Is there anyone who has faced ,the same and has an idea about it an can help me out as well. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    Even i am facing the same problem and it has just been a week i have made it dual boot and now i am having Ubuntu 10.04 and windows xp. By now i have tried removing the AVG and i have also tried rebooting it several times and then tried to use it again but then i don't think that it is making any difference. I was not having the same problem before the ssd upgrade but then it has just appeared after it, i don't think that it has to do with the power management because i hardly use the device when the battery is low and even the battery is working quite well by now.

I think that there is something to do with the battery itself because i was facing the same problem with the Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 and it even i was thinking that the problem was after upgrading the ssd but then i was using the battery from the st5032d in the ST5112 . so when i switched back again to the original battery of st5112 then the problem had disappeared and after that all the buttons where working fine without any problem. The other thing that surprised me was that when i again checked out with the st5032d battery then even it was working fine without any problem but then i am really not sure what was going on, it just appeared to me that the issue was related to the battery. If you have also changed the battery then try to switch to the original and then see if it is helping you out or not.

I think that this issue might be because of the power management and it might be doing so when the battery goes low in order to save the energy, so just check it out you are facing this problem when the battery is low or you have it when it is full as well.

Hey i have solved the problem by putting the OEM drive back and now everything is working fine so i don't think that there is something to do with the battery but then it is related to the software but then i am not that sure about the same. I can try to clean the drive and then start the whole process again but then the i will have to waste long hours to get the windows update and i also don't want to lose the Ubuntu settings as well, I have just used the OEM Fujitsu restore disk in order to solve the issue. Is there anyone who had tried so and is quite sure about the cause of the same??

I think that you can try to Use the restore CD as it will bring you back to the factory specifications.Actually i am having some customized Windows settings on my HDD, so you can try to clone the HDD to the SSD in order to keep the customized settings you are having .I don't, have much knowledge about the Ubuntu but then i think that if you install second OS on the original drive and after that use the customize settings before cloning then you will be able to get whatever you want on the SSD. So just try it out and see if it is making any difference. Best of luck.