Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 unable to sync with Gmail

Nokia Lumia 800 unable to sync with Gmail

Hi guys I need help on this the problem is that I can't sync anything to Gmail and I have no idea what is wrong with this I tried to set the account as an Exchange type, the outcome are the similar I am not sure The sync settings are correct but ever thing was fine earlier can anyone here help me on this I would be really glad to knew this as this I becoming really frustrating thanks

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 unable to sync with Gmail

Even I am having the same problem like you I'm having issues in getting my contacts from my Gmail account to my new Lumia 800. I find lots of references telling me to go to 'm.google.com/sync' on my handset however this only be ends up in a loop . I too have the contacts in vcf format although i am unable to find anything in regards to importing these in to my Nokia Lumia. Can anyone help? It's a great phone so far, but ultimately pretty useless if I can't get any contacts in there!

I thinks this might be help you to solve the issue on Lumia 800 the all you need to do is
    1. Go to your settings
    2. Over there tab email accounts
    3. That will give you 5 options

• Add an account
    • Windows Live
    • Google
    • Facebook
    • Twitter.

1. Choose Google and set up your credentials for the account
    2. enter and the device will do the rest

Take note that the syncing process will take a few minutes depending on the amount of information it has to collect from Google, like contacts, emails, tasks, calender etc. Once the sync is done Hope this helps.

Thanks I did try this though and just receive a message saying: "It looks like you may be using a Google Apps account that is not set up to synchronies with mobile devices. In your PC's web browser, go to Mobile settings for your Google Apps account, enable Google Sync under Service settings and then try to synchronizes again. I've followed these instructions but nothing changes - it just keeps popping up with this message when I try to connect the Google account

I am having kind of same problem My Lumia 800 . Sometimes emails show up instantly sometimes the delay is around 10 mins. i tried Your proposition for a solution and it did not help. It’s annoying, specially I came from BlackBerry. any other suggestions

I don’t have Lumia 800 but this might help do the following
    1. Remove the Gmail account and it again and try to sync it
    2. Now with the Exchange account apply the manually address “m.google.com" server;

See if this helps

Thanks for the reply but the method that you have suggested is not working for me I am really irritated now The problem is not yet fixed I require an well-organized sync-tool pleas guys I need assistance on tshi I would be really glad thanks

The way to go is trough the microsoft mail for exchange settings. Set up an exchange account by tapping the e-mail icon. Then go advanced settings --> type in adress and password --> choose exchange --> With gmail the settings are:

username: "your gmail adress" (the whole thing; this is important)
    password: "gmail password"
    domain: leave empty
    server: m.google.com

works like a dream!
    Last edited by cellphonedealer; 03-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.