Thread: HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx is not able to detect onboard webcam

HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx is not able to detect onboard webcam

Hi friends I am using HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx laptop from last few months and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. All the things were working properly but suddenly webcam in my laptop has stopped working. Now whenever I try to use the webcam in my HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx at that time it says webcam cannot be detected. Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx is not able to detect onboard webcam

I have read the problem which you are facing in your HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx and I will first suggest you that you should go in to the device manger and then check whether webcam is listed there or not. If webcam is not listed there then I think problem is with the driver. First check this so that you can understand exact issue.

If webcam is listed in the device manager and after that also if you are not able to use the webcam then problem is with the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software in your laptop. I think something went wrong with the software. You should first uninstall the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software from your laptop and after uninstalling the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software you have to restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to install the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software again in your laptop and after installing the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software in your laptop you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you need any more help then let me know.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software then you should download the latest version of the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software from the internet and then you have to install the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software in your laptop and after installing the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software in your laptop you have it check whether your problem get solved or not.

If you want to download the latest version of the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software for your HP laptop then you have to go to the official site of the HP and after that you have to click on the software and downloads and then search for the laptop which you are using in your laptop and then download the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software.

You can also download the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

I have first open the device manger in my laptop and webcam was listed in the device manager and after that I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software and after reinstalling the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software also I get the same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by installing the latest version of the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software but that idea doesn’t help me to solve this issue.

Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Well there was similar problem I was facing in my laptop and after that I came to know that webcam was disabled in the BIOS and after that I have enabled the webcam from the BIOS in my laptop and then my problem get solved. I think you should also enable the webcam from BIOS in your laptop and then your problem will get solved.

After trying the above solution also if you are experiencing the same problem with your laptop then I will suggest you to try to fix this problem by doing the system restore in your laptop and after doing the system restore in your laptop your problem might get solved. You can do the system restore by going in to the all programs then accessories and then select the system tools and you have to select the system restore option.

As far as I know this solution will help you to solve this problem.

According to me you should contact the HP support and then you have to tell them about the webcam problem in your laptop and then they will give you solution regarding this. After that your problem might get solved. before you visit the HP service center you should also check whether there is any BIOS update available for your laptop or not. if BIOS update is available then you should update the BIOS in your laptop and after updating the BIOS you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I am also use of the HP Pavilion dv6-3123tx laptop and I was facing the similar issue with my laptop and then I have download the latest BIOS update file from the internet and then I have update the BIOS and after updating the BIOS my problem get solved. you should also try this solution.