Thread: Is it possible to upgrade i5 chip with the i7 in the fujitsu T900

Is it possible to upgrade i5 chip with the i7 in the fujitsu T900

As I’m using the fujitsu T900 tablet pc for myself. What I see is that the my tablet pc has got the i5 processor and want to upgrade it to the i7. So before doing this I would like to know your opinions for this should I go for upgrading to the i7 or not. I want to have your opinions regarding this any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Is it possible to upgrade i5 chip with the i7 in the fujitsu T900

As your tablet pc runs on the i5 processor then I would say that why you want to upgrade it to the i7 processor as the performance of the i5 is pretty fast. So I don’t think you should try upgrading to the i7.

According to me you cannot upgrade the processor to the i7 as the chip in it is soldered. As most of the tablets and laptops provide the chips with the soldered, so that the chip in it does not get moved from it. As earlier there were many issue regarding the chip getting dislodged. So for this companies now provide the chips solder so that the user don’t have the issue regarding the chips getting dislodged.

But due to this there is a major drawback in the tablet pc is that one cannot upgrade the cpu because of this.

I tried replacing the chip with an i7 processor in the fujitsu T900 tablet but the thing is that the only dual core works in it while quad core does not work. So for this I would say that you can get your chip upgraded to the i7 but the thing is that the it only works for the dual core and not for the quad core.

I am confused for this as I have discussed this with some of the friends about this issue, some of them told that it is able to upgrade to the i7 but some of them said it is not able to upgrade as the chip of this tablet pc is soldered. Here I find the same thing so I would like to know perfectly is it possible to upgrade to i7 or not.

I am confused for this as I have discussed this with some of the friends about this issue, some of them told that it is able to upgrade to the i7 but some of them said it is not able to upgrade as the chip of this tablet pc is soldered. Here I find the same thing so I would like to know perfectly is it possible to upgrade to i7 or not.
    See as you are saying that you don’t have idea regarding this and want to upgrade to the i7 then it is better you should try to calling to the fujistsu support care for this issue, as they would try to give you precise info regarding the replacing of i5 with the i7 processor.