Thread: Unable to fit keys back to keyboard in HP laptop

Unable to fit keys back to keyboard in HP laptop

Hi, i am having HP’s laptop but still i cannot snap my key back into place I can only get the top portion of the key in position, it does not appear like there is break up, am I doing something wrong? Please let me know how can i put it back to the machine once again, any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to fit keys back to keyboard in HP laptop

Though you have mentioned about the same but still it would be better if you simply mentioned the model number that you are having so that i can assist you precisely.

Though you have mentioned about the same but still it would be better if you simply mentioned the model number that you are having so that i can assist you precisely.
    Hey i am sorry about the same as i just forget to mentioned the model number, as i am having “Compaq v3119” model.

anyways don’t worry about the same as see i have mentioned the steps through which you can put it back to the keyboard.

- The plastic hinge system must be oriented as shown for it to fit onto the metal keyboard hooks without flouting.

- Thus now you have to hook the left side of the hinge over the left metal hook on the bottom of the keyboard. This works most excellent at about a 45 degree angle.

- draw out the hinge over the right metal hook on the keyboard base. The hinge can essentially slide apart slightly, which permits it to fit over together metal tabs on the keyboard base.

- on one occasion the hinge is sitting in position, it will be effortless to put the key on if you "compact" the hinge back collectively. That is, push the right-side beneath portion of the hinge towards the left, tucking it below the right side metal tabs. The hinge should now fit securely in it's place.

- line up the key on top of its place on the keyboard, and depress down calmly. All four corners of the key should click into position.

I am agree with the above user but if suppose particular key is either broken or lost, then replacing the keyboard is the only option.