Thread: Getting Frequent Stop Error with BSOD in HP Pavilion dv7

Getting Frequent Stop Error with BSOD in HP Pavilion dv7

Hi, I am the proprietor of a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, but don’t know exactly what is the problem with the machine as i have experienced a number of stopping errors from the time when it is being purchased. When take it to technician, they didn’t found anything erroneous with the hardware but found viruses in the machine thus after removing then they give the machine back to me.

But still the viruses have since been uninvolved but I carry on to experience the blue screen error on occasion. And this is not getting more and more crazy, any idea what could be the problem over here? Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Getting Frequent Stop Error with BSOD in HP Pavilion dv7

as you have mentioned like you are having Blue screen of death problem with the machine but still i would like to recommend you that you should try to make sure what is the exact cause in the machine because there could be so many reasons that can cause such troubles with the machine. this could be either a software problem or simply because of any hardware as well. so have you installed any hardware recently in your machine? because if so then you must have to install particular drivers as well for that software, thus if you haven’t installed any drivers so obviously that hardware will cause problem. Thus you should try to detach the hardware once from the machine if you have installed any and see the result, is there any variation you can see or not.

i am not sure what could be the problem with your machine but see i have mentioned a solution,, i hope it would be helpful.

From the Start Menu, open All Programs >> Accessories and right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. In to the prompt type the following command.

sfc /scannow ( Remember there is a space between sfc and the / )
    Let the process finished, then type exit and hit enter.

Now you have to click the Start Menu >> my Computer >> right click on Local Disc C and select Properties. Click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'.

In the following window ensure both boxes are marked and then click Start. Part of this process will require a restart to check the drive.

you can simply try this as well, Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook prior to enter the Bios menu. beneath the ‘Advanced or Diagnostic’ tab you should discover the facility to run tests on the Hard Drive and RAM. Run both tests and post back with the results.

it might be possible as there could be some problem with the virus that might be in your machine. thus are you sure that you don’t have any viruses in the machine? because if suppose you are not sure then you should try to get a good antivirus software installed first and run a full scan and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Apart from this you should also make sure whether you have installed any such program or software in the machine that might be causing this blue screen problems with the machine. thus if you have any doubts regarding any program or software then you can simply get it uninstalled, because incompatible programs may cause the same problem as far as software’s are concern.

As you have mentioned like you have brought it up to any technician and they haven’t found anything but still i am not getting why you visited over there because you should try to visit the service center rather than any technician. Because i personally believes as it is always better to visit over there and see what they are suggesting about the same.

In fact if your machine will be in the warranty period then also you’ll be benefitted with their services, you don’t have to pay them for any service they are offering. So better you visit over there and see what they are saying about this.

you can simply try this as well, Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook prior to enter the Bios menu. beneath the ‘Advanced or Diagnostic’ tab you should discover the facility to run tests on the Hard Drive and RAM. Run both tests and post back with the results.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion but, i haven’t get any successive result from the test as when i did that i get messages saying that the computer "passed" each test.

see i have mentioned the solution but if suppose this doesn’t seems to be working then it would be better if you visit the service center and see what they are saying about the same.

Start the notebook and let Windows load entirely and you now have to hold down the Windows key and press R. In to the Run box type msconfig and strike enter. In the following window, click the Start up tab, you have to eradicate the tick next to each start up item and then click Apply to make the change.

Once you do this it will request you to reboot the notebook thus do that and see if it now runs usually. If it does, re-enable one start up item at a time almost certainly best to re-enable your security software first if you have installed any, click Apply, and reboot to check if it still runs ok. Keep doing this until you encounter the trouble and you will know the previous program you set to start is causing the freezing problem.