Thread: Acer Iconia Tab W500 touch screen appears erratic and flashing.

Acer Iconia Tab W500 touch screen appears erratic and flashing.

I have recently bought a Acer Iconia Tab W500 and the problem that i am facing is that the touch screen is appearing erratic, actually a small indicator is appearing on the below corner of the screen and it is automatically activating selected program on its own and it is also causing. I if i am having it below corner of the screen than it is also activating the scroll bar when i am on the full screen. I am really getting irritated with this and i am not able to find the cause for the same, Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Acer Iconia Tab W500 touch screen appears erratic and flashing.

I have recently bought a Acer Iconia Tab W500 and the problem that i am facing is that the touch screen is appearing erratic, actually a small indicator is appearing on the below corner of the screen and it is automatically activating selected program on its own and it is also causing. I if i am having it below corner of the screen than it is also activating the scroll bar when i am on the full screen. I am really getting irritated with this and i am not able to find the cause for the same, Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Your problem appears to be weird, i think that you can try to attach a mouse and then move the mouse icon from the below corner and after that just unplug the mouse and then try it out again and see if it is making any difference. I am not that sure about this solution but then i think that there are possibilities that it might help.

Even i am having an Acer Iconia Tab W500 and i am facing the same kind of problem, i don't know what is the cause of the same but in my case the problem appears when i use it for a continuous long time. I am able to get rid of the problem at that time by simply rebooting it and after that it works fine without any problem. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference. Other than that just make sure that you are using it without the screen protector because there are possibilities that it may be the cause of the same.

Yes i am using it without the screen protector because i was not comfortable with it, I have also tried to reboot it but then it is just appearing again after 5 minutes, does it appear for you so soon?? The problem is not appearing when i am using an external mouse, it only appears when i am using the touch screen directly. Is there is any other method that i can try out to solve this issue?

You can also try to turn off the task bar icons which are not in use for you and in order to do that just right click on the task bar and after that just choose the properties and then you will get a new window and then just click on the "Customize" button and then just disable the icons that are not in use.If that does not work out for you then you can try to remove the show desktop button.. Even i was having the problem of flashing between the programs but then i was able to solve it out by removing the task bar to the top and after that the show desktop button is move to the top right. I had also tried to cancel the peak and the floating task bar but then it was not working, so if you want then you can try to remove the show desktop button and see if it is helping you out as well. Best of luck.

Thanks for that but when i moved the Task bar to the left and then the scroll bar was under the below left hand corner and after that when the problem arise again then it was selecting the arrow and then it was scrolling down the page automatically. I have found that when i am pressing in the center of the screen than problem disappears for some minutes but just for that moment. Is there actually a solution to solve this issue or i will have to visit the acer service center for the same and get it repaired or replaced? any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am facing the same problem and i have also contacted the acre support but then i have still not got a positive response from them, they said that they are working on it and will contact me with a solution soon but then i don't know when,I am facing the below problems:
    • I am not able to Browse properly or use the kindle.
    • The Show desktop is activated all the time and i am seeing the dot at the bottom right of the screen.
    • It is automatically triggering the open programs.

Hey guys i have contacted the on-line help system from the Acer website today and i have addressed them the problem in detail but then they did not gave me any workaround and then simply said that i will have to return for repair at their nearest service center..