Thread: nVidia GeForce 8400M GS graphic card is not working with my Acer 7720ZG?

nVidia GeForce 8400M GS graphic card is not working with my Acer 7720ZG?

hi while i am using a Acer Aspire 7720ZG with nVidia Ge Force 8400M GS graphic cards and also having the 256 MB ram on the on-board. so i might be work around 2 to 2.5 years. that i unable to get the display that may be not working.i thought that problem is getting due to overheating. the laptop get so much get the dust on that i unable to use this.i don't the issue is about the graphic cards some another thing might be have the issue so please any one know the better ideas please help me?

Re: nVidia GeForce 8400M GS graphic card is not working with my Acer 7720ZG?

yeah i am also having the similar issue on my laptop i get heated quickly and restart frequently so for that i want to wait for sometime that lets the laptop to be cool. when i faced the issue so i thought that there might be having
    the some issue on the hardware.

while i am having the similar issue then after i like to replaced the graphic cards with VG.8MG02.001. so that also help me to solved out from this issue as much. so whenever i boot i show me a valid screen for a second then after the always i saw the black light on LCD so when i need to connect with external monitor so that the display will be stripes only with first boot messages that which it can be used as normal text.

hi does anyone have the issue on Linux Operating system while are you using. so when i can log into it through network. all the thing might be get in the proper ways that exactly what the display it should be have. so please help me that if this issue get due to the linux OS because my laptop is heating and also having so much battery that i replace more then two but that i unable to solved the battery issue.i am afraid about that if my graphic cards is working due to heating it may be get the problem on my graphic card.

when i got the issue on my laptop having the nVidia GeForce 8400M GS so that it will be display only some of the stripes and which is get irritated on the strange things, but having on the text or graphics. so sometime for the second did i get a display fraction for the boot messages. so that boot again strip again quickly all this issue does i am facing does having any solution.

if your graphic cards have the warranty so replaced it. that is better for you that it might work properly after that.so i just saw that many of the user having on this graphic card they just replace this card
    so after that they can be able to work properly. when i am having the issue on nVidia GeForce 8400M GS graphic card that is totally over heated get the spark. so i was unable to replace this laptop. for that i want to recommend you that if you having the issue graphic card that is over heated so just replace it.

sometime i can able to see that LCD display is working properly. so when tomorrow i tried it working for a minute. only when i log in through a graphical screen, so after that not a single minute that i can able to see that is directly locked up so l need to reboot by only pressing the power button down for a while.so did you have any idea that problem is having in your cards or in the motherboards?

if your graphic card have a warranty just replace with another card. you might be go through 9000-series Geforce or Radeon graphic card that is best card right now. so might this 8400M GS is the most effected cards. so that is easily possible that even for a new one that which can be dead out for the box. and you may be keep the caution about 9500M GS is really a re branded & slightly overclocked with a8600M GT.

yeah i have just ordered an another video card VG.82M06.001 so in order to test that i will be take some time which it get before so while i just try to continue to make a test with a nvidia card. that can i able to see the that it
    is working only for a minute after the first boot.that if i don't use the computer overnight or if i can cool the machine for about the 10 degrees it will be worked so after that it will be stop working. so when i a, completely log into Linux which machine has a dual boot Linux and also windows vista.

i am also having the similar type of the laptop which model number is 5720G that i am having the bigger issue on that. so while Z the simply means that the machine is originally shipped with having a dumped CPU and also having a weaker WiFi as need to compare with non-Z version. so it is only except 5738Z laptop which is totally different from any of other model that which is really a re branded machines.

i am tried all the reply of the different user but unable to find any of the clear out solution so does i want to give this laptop for complete check the damage?