Thread: keyboard not working HP pavilion DV7-1285 laptop

keyboard not working HP pavilion DV7-1285 laptop

I am totally frustrated and unhappy with HP, as i have gotten this machine as mentioned in the title, but the thing is like the keyboard is appears to be defective over here.

And when i contacted the online customer support, i came to know that i could not help except to say that I should mail my laptop into a service center to be repaired. They would not send me a new keyboard for me to replace myself. Any suggestion what shall i do now?

re: keyboard not working HP pavilion DV7-1285 laptop

well, the thing is like if the product that they have sold will be capable of repairing then they will try to do that first rather than replacing with another one as the extent to i know.

re: keyboard not working HP pavilion DV7-1285 laptop

well, the thing is like if the product that they have sold will be capable of repairing then they will try to do that first rather than replacing with another one as the extent to i know.
    I would say i am completely disagree with the above user because i have heard that as you must have to send the entire unit in to HP for repair, because the keyboard is not classified as a user-replaceable part according to their warranty terms, you can simply see this thing behind the user manual given to you with the product.

And if suppose you don't desire to do that, you could always purchase the keyboard and install it yourself.

Re: keyboard not working HP pavilion DV7-1285 laptop

so that means this is once again cost to us only, what nonsense is this..! quite annoyed with their services and will never recommend this machine to anyone ever. Thanks for the suggestion by the way.