Thread: Touchpad not working well with the HP pavilion dm4-1160us

Touchpad not working well with the HP pavilion dm4-1160us

I bought the HP pavilion dm4-1160us laptop few months back, the features of the laptop is just fine but from past few days I have noticed that the touchpad is not working well in my laptop. what happens is that while working on the laptop whenever I move the cursor it move for some distance and freezes for a while. So for this I have to restart the laptop, after restarting it works fine for a few minutes and again while using the touchpad to move the cursor it freezes up.

So for this what should I do? how can I fix the touchpad issue in my hp laptop.

Re: Touchpad not working well with the HP pavilion dm4-1160us

As you are having issue with the hp pavilion dm4-1160us laptop touchpad not working well then, for this issue I would like you turn of the laptop flip the laptop and try removing the battery. now wait for few minutes and replace the battery back to the laptop and see whether you touchpad is working fine or not.

As I had the same problem of the touchpad not working in my hp Compaq, I tried the same way and saw the touchpad was working fine.

I would like to know what may be the reason for not working the touchpad properly and also want to know what may be the reason for removing the battery and putting it back and after doing this it starts to work properly.

I would like to know what may be the reason for not working the touchpad properly and also want to know what may be the reason for removing the battery and putting it back and after doing this it starts to work properly.
    As far as I know I don’t know the exact reason for not responding of the touchpad but would tell you that by removing the battery from the laptop it resets the CMOS. And due to this it gains the default mode and works properly after doing this.

If you are facing the issue of the touchpad then you should try doing the following things:-

1. When you start the laptop you should try going to the BIOS set-up
    2. After going to the BIOS you will see the in the bottom the default option
    3. Now try doing the default option , apply and save it.
    4. Now exit from this and reboot your laptop and check whether your touchpad is working or not.

You should try checking whether the button of the touchpad is turned ON or OFF. As sometimes it happens that you might have kept the touchpad button off and due to this there would be no response coming from the touchpad.

See by doing with the above steps doesn’t work for you then try doing hard reset in your laptop. as doing this it removes the temporary memory and regain the default functions in your laptop.

So for doing hard reset just try following steps –

• For doing hard reset you should try to unplug all external connections.
    • Now after doing this you should turn off the laptop and try removing the battery from the laptop
    • Now what you have to do is that you should try to press the power button of the laptop for 20 seconds.
    • After doing this replace the battery and turn ON the laptop.

Now see that whether your touchpad is working fine or not.

If you don’t want take risk by doing it all yourself then you should try contacting the HP support care and try discussing the issue regarding this. I guess they will solve your touchpad issue.