Thread: Drivelock password appeared automatically on HP Pavilion ze4100 Laptop After updating bios

Drivelock password appeared automatically on HP Pavilion ze4100 Laptop After updating bios

I am using HP Pavilion ze4100 Laptop and i have recently updated the bios to 1.45ZE and the problem that i have started facing is that it is now asking for a drive lock password in order to boot further. As far as i remember i have not changed any setting or i have set the password as well. So i just wanted to know that is there any default password or is there is a way to get rid of this. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Drivelock password appeared automatically on HP Pavilion ze4100 Laptop After updating bios

Even i am having the same kind of problem, i am using a HP ZE4315CA and i have recently updated my bios to KE M1.73 and now even i am getting the Drive lock password even though i have not set it. I have been searching a solution for the same but then i have not got any success yet. I think that we will have to visit the hp service center in order to sort it out somehow. I am thinking of going tomorrow so i will search for a workaround today and if i do not come across then i will definitely visit the service center tomorrow itself.If any one has a solution for it then please share it here and it will be highly appreciated.

Re: Drivelock password appeared automatically on HP Pavilion ze4100 Laptop After updating bios

I am facing the same problem since a week and i even i have been looking out for a solution to get rid of this and i have also contacted the hp support regarding the same and they had suggested me the following 2 methods:
    • reset the cmos battery
    • Try out another drive in the laptop.

I have tried resetting the cmos battery but then i don't think that it is making any difference and for the other drive in the same laptop i am getting the same password screen during the booting. Is there anyone who had found a success with the Drive lock password ?? and can help us out as well?

If you want you can try to use the below codes that i have found on the hp forums:
    • klja3kw
    • cm5cos4
    • n01dqb3

but then if they did not work then you can try out the below default ones as well:
    • hth19zg
    • 7c3ihrl
    • 0f0ex7l
    • gmit80l
    • hv0e124

I will like to inform you that after three consecutive tries the the system might get lock up with a system 00007 but then you don't have to worry much about it and you can just force shutdown and then you can try out the remaining codes as well.

I don't think that the above codes are helping out i have tried all of them but then i did not got a luck, i have found some people who has mentioned that they have tried to use external hard disk for this problem and they were able to solve it out but then i am not that sure about the same and will let you all know after trying it out.

Hey i have solved my problem, i will like to share that i have used a external hard disk and after that i had used f11 and then went in to the bios and then i have changed the booting order, i mean that i have made it to boot from hard disk and after that that i rebooted the machine and then i was not getting the same message for the password.Later i have completely cleaned the other hard dive that was asking for the password and now after clearing it even it has started working now. Anyways i am thankful to you all for your help.