Thread: HP Pavilion Dv6 turns OFF without showing battery low

HP Pavilion Dv6 turns OFF without showing battery low

Actually I bought the HP Pavilion Dv6 for daughter. The feature of the laptop is best according to my requirements and is working fine. But the problem with the laptop is that it turns off automatically without warning me when the battery is low. So I would like to know what should be done that it displays or pop up the message regarding the warning for battery low.

Re: HP Pavilion Dv6 turns OFF without showing battery low

As you have mentioned that you are unable to get the pop up message regarding the battery low then for this I would say that you can do this from going to the control panel and changing the settings to show the warning when the battery is low.

Even I have the same issue am not able to get from where should I enable the message about the battery low warning. As it becomes very annoying when the battery low warning message is not displayed. Since due to this my all unsaved works goes and I have to restart the work from beginning. If anyone could provide me with how to enable the warning message regarding the battery low then it would be really helpful for me.

For this I would like to know which operating system you are running in your HP Pavilion Dv6 laptop.

I’m running the dual boot windows XP and ubuntu. But would like to know for the windows Xp. As most of the time I run windows XP. So it would be helpful if you provide how to enable the battery low warning message from the settings.

By following the steps below you can enable the battery low warning message:

1. Click on the “start” from the desktop which you will find near bottom left.
    2. Now after click on the “Control Panel”
    3. After clicking on the control panel you will see the various options click on the “Power Option”.
    4. In that you will find various menus
    5. In which on how percentage you want to show the battery low warning message, set according to it.
    6. Now go to advance tab from above menu and tick on the checkbox showing “Always display icon in the taskbar”.
    7. After this click on “Apply” and ”ok”

Now you will see the battery meter showing how much percentage of battery is remaining in the laptop and when the battery is low will pop up the message regarding the battery low.

My laptop turns off automatically as though it shows 25% of battery is still remaining. I would like to know what can be the exact reason for turning off the laptop as tough the battery shows 25% remaining. Do anyone going with the same problem and how can I fix this.

According to me as you are saying that the laptop turns off even after the showing the 25% battery still remaining then for this it might be possible that the battery of your might been damaged. And for this I would recommend you that you should try contacting the hp care.

If your laptop is showing 25 % of battery and then too it shuts down then do the following :-

For this go to the HP support assistant

• Now click on the troubleshoot
    • After doing this click on the power and mechanical
    • In that you will see the power tab in the menu
    • Now in the resource section click on the battery check.