Thread: How to turn off the touchpad in HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eo

How to turn off the touchpad in HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eo

I have recently bought HP Pavilion tx2000 and I am running win 7 and want to know how to turn off the touchpad because I don’t use and I use external mouse for all the work I do because I find it quite comfortable as well. I have tried disabling it by tapping twice on it but then I don’t think that it is actually helping because when I am going from the tablet mode to laptop mode then it gets enable again. Is there anyone who has an idea about disabling it from another method? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: How to turn off the touchpad in HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eo

I have recently bought HP Pavilion tx2000 and I am running win 7 and want to know how to turn off the touchpad because I don’t use and I use external mouse for all the work I do because I find it quite comfortable as well. I have tried disabling it by tapping twice on it but then I don’t think that it is actually helping because when I am going from the tablet mode to laptop mode then it gets enable again. Is there anyone who has an idea about disabling it from another method? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have found that the HP notebooks come with an on/off button near the touchpad so you can just press that button and then disable it when you don’t want to use it but then if you are not having the same button to turn it off then you can just press and hold the the top-left corner of the touchpad for approximately 5 seconds and then it will be deactivated so just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not.

Yes I am aware of that and I am having the small curve like button near the touchpad and I have been using the same but then the problem I am facing is that when I am disabling it from the method that you have mentioned and then when I put the laptop in tablet mode and then switch back to the laptop mode then it gets enabled automatically. So here I am looking for a solution that can turn it off completely so I won’t face the same problem again. I think that there must be some kind of setting to do so but then I am not well aware of the same. Hope my problem is clear to you now. Any further help will be appreciated.

Ok then just follow the below steps and then see if it is helping you out or not:
    • Just go in to the control panel and then open the mouse properties window.
    • After that just select the device setting tab and then click on the disable button.
    • You can enable in the same way, now just try to switch between the tablet mode and then in the laptop mode and then see if it is making any difference or it is still getting enabled automatically?

I just want to clear out that you are providing me the solution for win 7 because the thing that you have specified here is not available in the device manager section in my case. I am able to get for the other device but not for the mouse, I have tried to use the setting and I have disabled the synaptics pointing device as it was the only option that was available for me and after I selected it said that it is deactivating but then the problem here is still the same. I really need an effective solution to get rid of this. Please help!

In that case you can just you can try out the following:
    • Just go to start and then go in to the control panel and the click on run and then type “msconfig” without the quotes.
    • After that you will get a new window so just click on the startup tab and then just uncheck the synaptics pointing device.
    • And then try to switch between the modes and see if it is helping you out or not.

In that case you can just you can try out the following:

* Just go to start and then go in to the control panel and the click on run and then type “msconfig” without the quotes.
    * After that you will get a new window so just click on the startup tab and then just uncheck the synaptics pointing device.
    * And then try to switch between the modes and see if it is helping you out or not.

Thanks to you for your help but then it is not actually helping me out, I have now unchecked it from the startup and it also says that it is disabled but then when I am switching from the tablet mode to the normal mode then it again gets enabled.I don’t know what’s going wrong. Is there actually a solution to solve this out??

I think that you can just try to go in to the Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings and after that just click on the Synaptics Touchpad and then disable it and make sure that you are Appling the settings and then clicking on ok. Just try to do the same and then see if it is working or not but then if it is not helping then you can just post the upper part information that you will get about the touchpad driver version. Just check it out and then let me know for further help. Best of luck.

I have tried the same but then it is just not working and I have checked for the driver information and I have found this:
    it says: "Synaptics Zeigegerät - v. 15.0.13 18Mar10".
    ("Zeigegerät" = German for "pointing device")
    Any further help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I will suggest you to just uninstall the Synaptics driver that you are currently having and after that download and then install the following one from the hp site:
    Synaptics touchpad (ver 15.0.13.3 for 32/64 bit Win 7)
    If this one does not help you then you can try out the below one:
    Synaptics touchpad (ver 15.0.17.0 for 32/64 bit Win 7)
    Just perform the above solution and then let me know what you get, I think that this should probably solve the issue.

I was having the same problem with the pavilion dv7 and even I was running windows 7 but then I have solved the problem by the following method, so just try it out and then see if it is helping you or not:
    • Just go to start and then go in to Control Panel
    • After that just select the Hardware and Sound and then Under Devices and Printers just click on the mouse.
    • You will get a MOUSE PROPERTIES so now click on the "Device Settings" tab and then Below the Devices window check the "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" box.
    • Make sure that you apply it first and then click on ok.

Re: How to turn off the touchpad in HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eo

I have checked out the below drivers:
    Synaptics touchpad (ver 15.0.13.3 for 32/64 bit Win 7)
    Synaptics touchpad (ver 15.0.17.0 for 32/64 bit Win 7)
    But then unfortunately both of them are not making any difference and i am still not able to deactivate the touch pad and it is just getting activated after some seconds, It is making me think now that there is some problem with the product itself because even after disabling the touch pad the driver is not noticing the same. If anyone has an other solution for tit then please help!!