Thread: How to upgrade RAM in Acer Aspire AS5733-6650

How to upgrade RAM in Acer Aspire AS5733-6650

I am looking for a way to upgrade or swap over the RAM on an Aspire AS5733-6650. I really need a very good compatible RAM for this lap. When i first bought this i have got only 2GB of RAM but now i am planning to upgrade to 8GB. I have seen in many reviews that most of the people successfully upgraded to 8GB of RAM. There are 2 slots and each one can hold 4GB. I dont know whether it is really a good idea or not. Furthermore i dont know if it will all the Accept. I just need help if i stuck somewhere.

Re: How to upgrade RAM in Acer Aspire AS5733-6650

The work is not difficult, but must be done slowly to avoid damage or loss to combine pieces around. I immediately noticed that the set of screwdrivers bought for the occasion has proved almost useless: my classic Phillips screwdriver tip end was just fine. Apart from this, disassemble the Aspire One has been less difficult than expected. Once extracted the keyboard the way was downhill: if only someone had thought to put a pair of flaps on the back of the netbook, all of these operations would have been unnecessary.

Looking at the comments and reading around on the net I noticed that many people are unfamiliar with the power of the Acer Aspire One, we start by saying that once you can add a bank of ram and it is therefore possible to increase the more than 512 mb ram, I think that the limit of ram manageable mainboard is 4 gigabytes, but go down well in the details.

Yes. The equipment required is not huge: a small size screwdriver for the screws, a flat screwdriver or a thin plastic sheet to extract the solid keyboard, an array of 2 or 4 GB DDR3 to replace the original array , an open space and clean, a pot for storing any screws during surgery, the elbow grease and a little about fifteen minutes. A USB keyboard is optional but can accommodate. Take your time, be careful and everything will be fine. Of course you can take the opportunity to change the disk 250GB SSD or a larger reference format 2.5 "SATA. The wireless card is also available once the hatch removed from the chassis.

The nice thing of the DDR in general is that frequency are backward in their version of DDR (I, II or III), so that although the purchase of 1333 but the system goes to 1066 for example, the ram will go to 1066, there should be no compatibility problems.

Nothing's going on electrical level, because so much power moves so not a memory. On a logical level is then the money gone. It hurts. But I would come to be. As I said, there is no smoke. Yes there will be no short circuit. Just what the controller cannot address and that has the bios still do it just can not see. Then an experience are richer in the sense of trial and error.

The performance would only improve if you use more than 4GB of Ram. What probably should rarely be the case. You definitely need 204pin SO-DIMM DDR3 Memory. But rather looking into notebook and buy the brand and the clock is already installed, then you're on the safe side.

It was now expected a little more difficult with the new Acer netbooks to get the service door on. The guarantee should not expire at such an upgrade, of course, but I distance myself from all mishaps.

If you have already installed 4GB, each additional upgrade is a waste of money because the more power is never given. I do not think anybody worked on a laptop video. Sewage to me why it must be 8gb.
    An SSD would possibly bring the desired performance.