Thread: Speedfan does not recognize Acer Aspire 5742G Fan

Speedfan does not recognize Acer Aspire 5742G Fan

I have speedfan utility installed on Acer Aspire 5742G i5 gt540m. The problem is that Speedfan does not detect my laptop fan. I dont think that the fan is not running at full speed. Due to this issue the temps are too high, almost 49-65c. Is there any alternative program other than speedfan to solve this problem?

Re: Speedfan does not recognize Acer Aspire 5742G Fan

Yes I have. The problem is that when I look at the computer from the bottom, it looks as if I had to disassemble the whole thing and I'm not so sure when because I have 4 year warranty. And it looks like, can be cleaned only by the support of the fans: "With this device, the fan can unfortunately not be cleaned by you. There are compressed air from a can, please use the. When a compressor, the air-oil / contain water. This can lead to corrosion. The service doors for RAM / HDD and what you have to open yet so down when you start the can come close to the fan from inside to outside through the cooling fins / ribs blow through. If you do not have to stop blowing from outside to inside.

speed is indicated in Everest computer> sensor

If your motherboard does not offer options for SpeedFan detects that the fan ... Then it is a laptop that does have? The options are much more restricted

Try to find the temperature gradient of both cores and power control ventilares, I got Speedfan, it marks the temperature sensors dual core but onlyT that, since it is not able to detect anything else, not the motherboard (chipset ) or the fans or anything else. I searched and Everest home edition I tried, but nothing more or less like Speedfan and worse, since I do not detect or the process ("unknown"). I tried an illegal later, I downloaded the beta edition Ultimante Everest and I really do not understand, I will detect it all and is quite complete (both core sensors of HardDisk, etc. ..) and even the motherboard ( 'Intel Crestline-PM PM965').

SpeedFan allows you to see the problems you have your pc through your log files to troubleshoot crashes dreaded by temperature. Most of the time are usually caused by poor power supply or fan installed incorrectly and that SpeedFan can help you and the chips that automatically searches your pc information to show any facts liable to monitor.

In the new version has added digital signature driver 64-bit and added monitoring options for the latest hardware.

Speedfan is rather slow than to speed up the fans, normally by the way, you can not, if you have a bp of temperature, change of ventilation. It also supports recent material rather poorly ... And in addition you have a PC brand so it's not earned it is the standard.

Give us more information on your configurations. But it looks like a great a risk of overheating. So install NHC or SpeedFan. html "> Speedfan and communicate us the values supplied for the hard drive, processor and card / graphic chipset. Otherwise, think to make a large annual cleaning by opening the machine to vacuum and remove the dust - vacuum table or other reduced-power, air bomb, anti-static brush - or change the thermal paste on the processor. Morever Walk through the bios again and see if there are institutions responsible for your screen. Change data only when you are 100% sure that the data be different.

If you are in the settings for fan speed to "Automatic fan speed" switch test, SpeedFan does the job quite well. Only I do not think that will bring the lot. Here, where should the causes are different. But as long as you use Speedfan and activate only this one hook, nothing will happen. I had the program for quite a while, especially in summer, the tool has already helped me well.

After some research, the answer is:
    • To display SMART information, Speedfan should be run as administrator.
    • Windows Vista blocks the program administrators launch at startup.
    • To run Speedfan as administrator when starting Windows Vista, create a service in the Task Scheduler:
    • General tab: Name the service and check "Run with highest privileges".
    • Triggers tab: Choose "At the opening session".
    • Acrions tab: To point to the file "" C: \ Program Files \ SpeedFan \ speedfan.exe ""

If I should encounter such a problem I would first like to know whether it is hardware or a software problem.
    • Hardware: overheating, battery problems, memory problems, etc.;
    • Software: power management problem, vista bug, etc.;
    • To be sure on which side would you continue to look for a universal boot CD you can use the laptop from CD (or USB stick) to boot.
    • If the laptop is booted from the CD and it will remain nice and running, you know you should look for the problem in Vista. If the problem occurs, you have the hardware side.
    • If you perform this experiment will let us know the outcome, then we look from that point on.