Thread: Getting loud beep on Acer 5920G

Getting loud beep on Acer 5920G

I have Acer 5920G, It started beeping. Pointer of mouse continues to work but everything is frozen tried ctrl alt del but nothing happens pressed power button to shut down. Than restarted, whole thing was fine, Again after sometime I was able to hear beep. Laptop is extremely warm as well; I don’t know how to fix this trouble.

Re: Getting loud beep on Acer 5920G

I think its overheating trouble nevertheless I don’t want to guess-use realtemp or hwmonitor to check cpu temperature.

IT Might be stuck key on keyboard or trouble with keyboard ribbon connector that make it look like a key is stuck. but I am just guessing.

I imagine it's yet another Seagate Drive failing. This time my ST9500 7200.4 drive .When it started whistle/beeping, I detached the back cover and the sound seems to be coming instantly from the drive .I then obtain the blue screen of death and when I start back up, have a whole bunch of corrupted data files that are "repaired" via chkdsk.

Will have to run Seagate's drive utilities. Although this will likely to be the last Seagate drive I buy.

Will do, for now I've swap back to the old hard drive (WD Blue 5400 rpm) that came with the PC. Thankfully it looks like I had put Win 7 on it and left it or else blank (even if I wonder if I loaded Win 7 from my Acer 3820 on it given some of the drivers on it).Has been operational fine for the last hour running the same processes .

Going to backup the 7200.4 contents to my backup drive that will take a few hours given how much is on it and the fact that I have to make use of a Thermaltake BlacX to an external drive (USB to USB).I ran a rapid SMART test and it passed fine, as well as another short test and they passed fine. Haven't run the long ones yet.

angry Re: Getting loud beep on Acer 5920G

Patchers, I have almost the exact same problem. Did you manage to solve yours? I've been using a couple of very simple desktop recording programs, and either the programs or me must have annoyed the microphone. It started setting itself to +30dB (or more like +300dB) boost, which resulted in the awfully loud continuous high pitch tone (audio feedback?) about 10-15 seconds after every time Windows (7) started up. I learned how to quickly bring back the boost to 0 before the laptop went crazy, but wasn't smart enough to just disable the damn thing. Then it just started getting worse and now the unbearable high pitch tone starts half-way thru start-up, and the computer (Windows Explorer?) hangs completely, sometimes only letting me move the cursor for a couple of seconds on a black screen. The only option I see is somehow learning how to disable/disconnect the mic from Command Prompt. That's the very last thing that works correctly. Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    Patchers, I have almost the exact same problem. Did you manage to solve yours? I've been using a couple of very simple desktop recording programs, and either the programs or me must have annoyed the microphone. It started setting itself to +30dB (or more like +300dB) boost, which resulted in the awfully loud continuous high pitch tone (audio feedback?) about 10-15 seconds after every time Windows (7) started up. I learned how to quickly bring back the boost to 0 before the laptop went crazy, but wasn't smart enough to just disable the damn thing. Then it just started getting worse and now the unbearable high pitch tone starts half-way thru start-up, and the computer (Windows Explorer?) hangs completely, sometimes only letting me move the cursor for a couple of seconds on a black screen. The only option I see is somehow learning how to disable/disconnect the mic from Command Prompt. That's the very last thing that works correctly. Anybody?
    Have you tried uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling back again on your system. Since the problem is related to bass settings, I assume that the audio drivers might have got corrupted and hence it is acting weird. The problem could be also related to the audio card onboard but first let us test the drivers first.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling back again on your system.
    How can I do it without Windows? Command prompt is the only thing that works right now, I think.

How can I do it without Windows?
    Do you mean that you are not able to login to windows operating system at all? If that is the case, then you should have got a recovery disk with the laptop that should be able to restore the settings of the laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Dear Patchers,

Kindly check the same in bois mode where the system is getting heated up & hangs at Bois Screen.If the system is hanging there also there is a problem with Processor fan.

If your system is under warranty kindly call us on toll free for further support else visit to nearest service center for further diagnosis.

you can also share your details with us.

Regards
    Acer_India

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    you should have got a recovery disk with the laptop that should be able to restore the settings of the laptop.
    Well I don't.
    Anybody with an idea/diagnosis/hypothesis?

Well I don't.
    Anybody with an idea/diagnosis/hypothesis?
    There is a hidden partition in every Acer Aspire laptop have the D2D recovery system enabled in the Bios. Enter the bios by pressing F2 when booting and look for this option. Have you checked the Acer support site?

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    There is a hidden partition in every Acer Aspire laptop have the D2D recovery system enabled in the Bios. Enter the bios by pressing F2 when booting and look for this option.
    I'll try that, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Have you checked the Acer support site?
    Yes, but they only cover very basic questions e.g. "Why isn't my microphone recording sound in Windows Vista?"

Hi Patchers,

Can you please send your contact details by personal message and we will arrange for someone to get in touch with you.

Regards,
    Acer India