Thread: Acer Aspire 1652WLMi DEAD after BIOS update

Acer Aspire 1652WLMi DEAD after BIOS update

I own an acer aspire 1652WLMi which contain ATI MObility RADEON X300 PCI-Express. Yesterday i have seen a new BIOS update for this system and i updated it using a file called "3A45 for ATI M22, M24 and M26" but unfortunately it was the wrong file. Now the laptop is Dead. No boot, no Post screen nothing. When i press the power button, only the black screen on laptop. Nothing comes up. Is there any way i can recover from this disaster or any way to flash with the old BIOS?

Re: Acer Aspire 1652WLMi DEAD after BIOS update

Since the installation of SP3 for XP, the keyboard / mouse unresponsive almost, slow as the computer was almost usable (3 seconds between each key and click). On the Acer site, they talk about a BIOS update for Vista as the XP3 is very close to vista, I thought it would do him no harm. I downloaded it and got two BIOS without additional explanation. The ZL9I3A24 seems composed of the model and I ZL9 Intel or 1642ZWLMi (there may be something there). And no luck, I unpacked both ZIP and launched the folder ZL9A3A24 WinFlash, WinFlash launches the update immediately without question. I could not even select ZL9I.

I think that you no longer have access to the bios. so it required the rider. as is a laptop and there is never a manual describing the card on a laptop, you'll have to look at the registration screen printing on the motherboard and look for the registration CLR BIOS, BIOS CLEAR, CLR CMOS, CLEAR CMOS, reset BIOS or CMOS RESET. usually near the battery.

If you are using a desktop PC chip of the bios is now universally mounted on the socket. This means you can unplug the chip and program it aside, maybe using the same motherboard.

In the notebook, due to limited space, the chip is soldered onto the motherboard that is not possible (actually there are sites online that claim they can do that, I think that in reality they are balls and do what you are about to take you home).

Therefore we use a road that makes it even necessary to open the notes, so the warranty is valid.

A solution for those searching for:
    • Create a boot disk with Phoenix Crisis Disk Build (and yes a good old USB drive saved me). I read that it works as a USB key but I have not tested
    • Find the correct version of bios for your system. As I have not found right away, I've tried several, but each time I had an extra crash..
    • In strict accordance with the installation instructions I finally managed to flash the bios again and everything worked well.

One of the black beast of computer technicians is the fear that updating the bios (very simple procedure) does not go through. One of the rules that I gave is NOT a bios update ever if the machine does not present problems. If however you have to do it, go to DOS and Windows! But anyhow, at times, and should rarely, although it has taken all precautions, it does not end successfully. It 'a point of no return as the PC / notebook no longer gives signs of life and the only thing to do is bring in specialized centers for the recovery / replacement of the EPROM in which resides the bios of her, and the eprom The procedure is simple but the final bill is not the lightest.

For this there is an option is to do a bios recovery. In case you want to do, the steps are as follows:
    • Download the latest version of BIOS for your netbook from Acer's website, once unpacked we should get a file with a name 3309.fd style, rename it to ZG5IA32.fd ,copy to pendrive, which must be formatted FAT format.
    • Connect your laptop battery and the power connector also.
    • Once done this, connect the USB flash drive to the netbook, press the FN + ESC and the power button. We continue to hold down the FN + ESC for a few seconds and start flashing LED on the button.
    • When flashing, press the power button and begin the process of updating the bios, give it time (10 minutes)
    • Once finished, the laptop will automatically restart and should fade these errors.

Then problem is probably only an EEPROM Writer. If you do not own a computer and no friendly craft shop around the corner will probably have to send back to Acer.