Thread: Getting “insufficient memory” error while installing new apps in HTC Wildfire S

Getting “insufficient memory” error while installing new apps in HTC Wildfire S

I have recently bought HTC Wildfire S for myself and I think that there is some problem with the internal storage, I mean that I have checked the internal memory and I have found that I am having 15 mb free memory from 150 mb. I don’t know that why is it showing so, as far as I am aware I think that the phone is having 512 of internal storage. I have installed only 40 MB of apps in the internal memory and I think that there should be enough space left to install new apps and I am still getting the "insufficient memory" error.

Re: Getting “insufficient memory” error while installing new apps in HTC Wildfire S

I have recently bought HTC Wildfire S for myself and I think that there is some problem with the internal storage, I mean that I have checked the internal memory and I have found that I am having 15 mb free memory from 150 mb. I don’t know that why is it showing so, as far as I am aware I think that the phone is having 512 of internal storage. I have installed only 40 MB of apps in the internal memory and I think that there should be enough space left to install new apps and I am still getting the "insufficient memory" error.
    I will like to inform you that the internal memory for Wildfire S is 150 MB. If you are saying that if you have installed only 40 MB of apps then I think that the remaining space might have been occupied with preinstalled apps and all, I think that you phone might be running out of space.

Re: Getting “insufficient memory” error while installing new apps in HTC Wildfire S

I think that you are not yet well aware because I am very sure that HTC Wildfire S is having 512 mb if internal memory and if you still have an doubt then you can just visit ay site and check out is specification and clear it out. I think that there is some problem with the internal memory or there is some setting that has to be changed but then I am not aware of it. Is there anyone who has figured it out??

Yes I agree to you that the HTC Wildfire S is having 512 mb of internal memory, if anyone has an doubt than they could just go through the below specs:

megapixel camera with autofocus and flash
    Video recording (3GP format)
    Display: Capacitive touchscreen with pinch-to-zoom capability, 320 x 480 pixels (3.2 inches) with auto-rotate
    GPS receiver with digital compass, Google Maps, HTC Footprints and geo-tagging
    Music player (aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma formats)
    FM radio
    Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email
    Ringtones: MP3 ringtones
    Internet: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA (7.2 Mbps download, 384 kbps upload)
    Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate, micro-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, 3.5mm audio jack
    Memory: 512 MB RAM plus 2GB microSD memory card (up to 32GB)
    Vibration alert
    Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) plus HSPA/WCDMA (900/2100 MHz)
    Size: 101 x 59 x 12.4 mm
    Weight: 105g
    Battery: 1230mAh
    Talktime: 350 - 430 minutes
    Battery standby: 360 - 570 hours

I think that there is some problem in the phone itself because I am facing the same and I have found a no of people raising the same problem, it appears to be a common issue but then I have not found a fix for the same by now. I have also tried to contact the HTC people but then after a no of trouble shooting when it was not solved then they suggested me to switch to the Icecream sandwich and see if it is helping out or not? But then I am hesitating to do the same, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who have tried switching to the Icecream sandwich and has solve the same problem?? Or is there anyone who has found a fix for this issue? I am really getting irritated of this and if I don’t find a fix for the same then I think that I will go for refund.

Guys I just wanted to share that the HTC Wildfire S is having 512 mb of space but then it shows 153 because the other remaining spaces is consumed by the os and the other preinstalled apps that come with it, so this is not any kind of problem and all. Other than that I have also found that the Icecream sandwich is not available for the HTC Wildfire S and the phone does not get rooted as well, I am sure about it because I have tried to do the same a no of times but then I did not had any success yet and now I am using it as it was. I don’t think that there is any solution for the problem that you all have raised because it is not actually any kind of issue, I just wish that we could have go the rooting feature for it.

Hey thanks for sharing that, i think that i was confused the os and the pre-installed thing did not came in my mind anyways thanks to others as well for sharing their suggestions with me.

I'm having this issue as well and something has to be wrong. I just got my HTC Wildfire S last week. I have downloaded maybe 5-10 apps tops. Just tried to download a new one and I get the "insufficient memory" error. So I deleted a few of them, as well as a few that came preloaded that I won't need, and there's still not enough room. When I check the phone storage and the SD Card, they are showing plenty of memory left.

That cant' be right after you make space. Also, it can't be that you only get to download a few apps. I love this phone but what good is a smartphone if you can only have a few apps?

Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks,
    MissMarie