Thread: help for Software update of Nokia 500

help for Software update of Nokia 500

Hey all, i am here to know what will happes when i am going to used Ovi suite in updating my software for Nokia 500?? can here anyone have the suggestion for this?? YEs, i know that Nokia 500 is running using Symbian Anna. when i tried with teh Software update at that time i get that my phone has "black display". what happens to my phone??? can here anyone suggest me some sugestion for this?? if yes then please reply me back for this. for the same reason, i tried with conatcting with the Nokia care and they told me that this will need to send to the Manila . what to do now??

Re: help for Software update of Nokia 500

Ok, after reading your problem i can say here that this si caused by the failed firmware update. but i am not sure here, because what you have told here is really much confusing. can you please tell the entire story that what happens to your phone??

Hey can you here reply me back that::
    have you connected your device to the laptop and started the update???? if yes, then before startign with that you can see the screen should've shown options for backing up your phone before it downloaded the update?? please reply me back that it asked you for the backup or not?? if it asked for that then i am sure that you will have done the backup of your important data. if yes, then for resolving your problem, i will suggest you to try with the hard reset. i am sure that hard reset willl help you to resolve the problem.

Yes, i also agree with the Memphis M, that you will need for Hard reset and this willl be the last option that will help you for resolving your problem. but before this, make sure that you have done the backup for your data. and also if you dont know the way for doing the hard reset then i will sugest you to try with the Troubleshooting which i have given below and i am sure that after that you will get your problem to be resolve.

Troubleshooting

thanks for tellling me about this, but can you please tell me back about the What do you think will happen in my unit?? i have also tried with sending this to the Nokia main center in Manila. please reply me back for this.

For resolving your problem i will suggest you to try with the boot up the device and also try to install the update. and if while you are tryibng for the boting up your device but still you are not able to do that then try wiht the hard reset. i am sure that after the hard reset you will get your device up and running. but if you are going to try for the hard reset then at that time you will need to make sure about the important data in your mobile, try to get the back up of it. try with the hard reset and reply me back if this helps for you.