Thread: WD Live cannot connect to router

WD Live cannot connect to router

I have purchased the new WD TV Live and I am facing some difficulty with that. Actually problem is that it is not able to connect to the router. I am using ADSL2+ router. I am trying to connect that by connecting one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and another end to the WD live. I am having Windows 7 running on my system. Can somebody tell me that what is the configuration that I must use to make that functional. Please reply.

Re: WD Live cannot connect to router

I think that Windows 7 is not the problem for this. In my case (laptop with Windows 7) I have several partitions and there is no problem approaching the WDTV Live. As far as I know, I have seen all the movie files. SRT combined with a movie file but I am not sure about this. The WDTV Live does not srt files. This is possible only in combination with a movie.

It is true that srt files are displayed only in combination with a movie file but the problem was that in the "Media Server" the srt files were not played. This is only possible via the "Network Share" but it took a while before I realized what was to happen (in Windows7). You should be in your user accounts in Windows 7 user account with a password to create the WDTVLIVE (the username should match the setting in the viewer). This username and password, therefore give your network settings and you can WDTVLIVE of the "Network Share" program.

To go further you can also mount remote shares to live on your WDTV. The advantage is it share as a direct USB connection to work and this is what the WDTVLive known for. The disadvantage is that the current custom firmware is not updated to the latest official firmware.