Thread: is it possible to replace stock rom camera app with CM7 camera app in LG Optimus Black.

is it possible to replace stock rom camera app with CM7 camera app in LG Optimus Black.

i am using lg optimus black with amazingly well developed ROM that is very popular CM7 nightlies . as of doing great work there are some issues where this ram lacks. the response time of the camera seems to be good with CM7 but responding not good at all when checked with LG Optimus Black. apart from this , is there seem possibility that i can move the stock camera app with the CM7 camera app? if seem possible solution, i am eager to have it. please help.

Re: is it possible to replace stock rom camera app with CM7 camera app in LG Optimus Black.

the first possible solution to this would be that thinking of stock ROM as it still has the best quality, i would want the stock camera app for this.

Re: is it possible to replace stock rom camera app with CM7 camera app in LG Optimus Black.

there are less chances to do with this as CM7 #20 is already based on Gingerbread while the stock ROM is still old Froyo. as to your solution, i made an attempt, but due to the compatibility problem or don't know the actual reason, there was error during the installation of camera apk . i tried it with the camera apk installer from CM7 to stock ROM, but found negatively at the last.

as GB apps are running in froyo. music player , there was possibility of it working. you should have a check in this issue whether it is a arccamera.apk in LGOB stock ROM. then i think there will be some hint possible which will enable your issue solved.

I think here you should try to install the camera app with making use of root explorer.
    1. mount /system/app ro r/w
    2. in /system/app try to having a rename of old ArcCamera.apk
    3. in /system/app try to copy your new ArcCamera.apk
    4. as you tend to change other apk in the folder, change the ArcCamera.apk permission in the same manner.
    5. finally after this process, have a restart.

there is a possibility of this problem solved of you try with copying the app from cm7 to /system/app and reboot the phone. i think the installation will work. if this wont work there is another solution for it. you should try to copy the original one to sdcard, and suppose if something goes wrong you are able to replace it again as it was earlier.

above you mentioned the process of installing. will that same process instal stock ROM camera.apk on CM nightly #20. there was no working possible on my side when made an attempt of replacing of arccamera.apk in /sdcard/system/apps and also did instal arccamera.apk. is there a solution over it. in additio to this ,as i just flashed back to the Froyo, is uploading of the arcamera.apk and the odex file to mediafire, hotfile possible for me . there is no back up for the CM7 available for me.

there must be problems arising at teh time of installation, so you are not able to use the processing of the phone . you should check with the CM& or contact the official site for assistance. i can say that there can be possible solution for it.

there are problems arising where shuttering sound issue exist while we can silent it by turning the volume to zero, and if the problem is similar of the kind mentioned, then by modifying your application standard camera will work so that the camera menu is available to silent shutter. in addition to this, we can have a removal of the operation sound of the auto focus and video recording sound.