Thread: fan not working in Dell XPS 17 L702x

fan not working in Dell XPS 17 L702x

HI, i am wondering if is there anybody having same problem with the machine as whenever i done some moderate use of the machine the CPU temperatures go over 55C, and another thing that i have noticed is like the fan seems to be running at a intermediate level but still the worst thing over here is like it is quite noisy. And If the system is left alone, after about 4-5 minutes the fan shuts off, is there anybody having same problem with the machine? any suggestion for resolving the same will be appreciated.

Re: fan not working in Dell XPS 17 L702x

I think this could be some problem with the either any hardware or simply with any software as well. I mean to say it is quite difficult to determine what could be the problem in the machine which could cause the fan to not working. Thus, first of all i would like to recommend you that you should try to test the whole machine once so that you can have better idea about the same.

According to me, you should try to test the machine from one of the technician and see what they are saying about this, because in my opinion there could be some problem with the hardware in your case, the fan used to make noise only when the machine gets overheated

See I would like to recommend you that you should once try to reinstall all the drivers in your machine and see whether you are getting the same problem or, because the thing is like all the hardware needs drivers to be installed and sometimes it happens as though the drivers are installed but if they are not working perfectly then also it is like next to worthless. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall all the drivers in the machine, and while doing that also you should make sure as you are installing the most recent driver and not the one that you have tried previously.

i am completely agree with the above user as you can try with another BIOS as well, i don’t know exactly which BIOS you are using in your machine but still i would like to recommend you that you should install A05 and see whether you are getting the same problem or not, and if yes then you can try with another one.

I am also running the one which i have mentioned and the system runs stabled.

it might be possible as there could some problem with the operating system which is installed in your machine, thus i would like to suggest you that you should try to reinstall the OS once again and see whether the problem persist or not.

When i was having such overheating issue with the machine at that time i had also tried almost everything but haven’t got any solution and after reinstalling the windows everything were working perfectly thus after that only i came to know that there were some problem with the OS only.

it might be possible as there could some problem with the operating system which is installed in your machine, thus i would like to suggest you that you should try to reinstall the OS once again and see whether the problem persist or not.

When i was having such overheating issue with the machine at that time i had also tried almost everything but haven’t got any solution and after reinstalling the windows everything were working perfectly thus after that only i came to know that there were some problem with the OS only.
    Yeah i know there could be some problem with the OS, but still for such reason i don’t think reinstalling the windows will be good option. Isn’t it guys?

At some extent you are right as this could be quite worthless to reinstall the operating system, but still according to me the issue is also not neglect able.

Anyways have you ever tried replacing the fan in your machine, because it might be possible as there could be some problem with the fan itself and nothing else, after doing that you can at least figure out whether there is some problem with the fan or something else is going on.

See if you are still pursuing the same problem with the machine then i think it would be better if you visit the service center once and test the whole machine so that you could better treatment to your machine.