Thread: Dell XPS 1645 restarts randomly

Dell XPS 1645 restarts randomly

Hey guys my dell XPS 1645 randomly reboots, i don’t know what could be the problem, but this is exactly happening only from last two days, and before that everything were working perfectly. and though i know that the machine gets rebooted but still the nature is quite random and that’s why it is quite difficult for me as well to determine what could be the reason causing this. any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Dell XPS 1645 restarts randomly

Have you ever gotten any BSOD problem with your laptop? Because see if you are getting any error looking somewhat like “STOP 0x00000050” than you should mentioned it over here.

Anyways you can simply visit over here as well for further solution regarding any problem.

I would like to recommend you that you should make sure there isn’t any problem with the drivers that you have installed in the machine, because they are the primary reason can cause such problems, thus it would be better if you simply reinstall all the drivers in the machine. i am not saying about any particular driver but it would be better if you simply reinstall all the drivers once so that you can minimize the possibility causing such problem.

However, while installing the drivers you should always make sure you are installing the latest drivers in the machine apart from the one that you have already installed, because it might be possible as those drivers must be corrupted. In fact if you install the latest one then you get some additional features as well.

are you getting blue screen ever with the machine? because it might be possible as the automatically rebooting option could be enabled. Anyways see i have mentioned the steps through which you can simply get the disable. So Instead of rebooting you'll almost certainly get a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) which can be searched on for a solution.

• First you need to open the control panel

• Once you get the CP screen you’ll need to click on the “system icon”

• Once the windows comes in view, you have to select the advance tab and in that select “Startup & Recovery setting”

• As you click on the button another windows will comes and from that you have to UNcheck/disable the "automatic reboot" option.

• And save those settings.

I would like to recommend you that you should make sure there isn’t any problem with the drivers that you have installed in the machine, because they are the primary reason can cause such problems, thus it would be better if you simply reinstall all the drivers in the machine. i am not saying about any particular driver but it would be better if you simply reinstall all the drivers once so that you can minimize the possibility causing such problem.

However, while installing the drivers you should always make sure you are installing the latest drivers in the machine apart from the one that you have already installed, because it might be possible as those drivers must be corrupted. In fact if you install the latest one then you get some additional features as well.
    I’d just like to add something over here or else i have the same opinion as the above user, but moreover to this i would like to recommend you that you should put emphasis on BIOS as well. It would be better if you get the BIOS installed in your machine once again, and obviously the most recent version.

are you sure that your laptop is not infect with the virus or with any other malware? Because see if so then you should try to first scan it through any good antivirus and then see whether the problem persist or not.

Have you ever feel like the machine you have been overheated. Because once I was also having the same problem with the machine and after doing everything, i came to know that there were some problems because of overheating only.

Thus see there could be so many solution for overheating, and in fact if you really feel as the laptop going through all such then you should always take it crucially, because it may leads to cause damage to another hardware’s. See if you are aware about the TIM that’s (thermal interface material) then you can simply apply that as well near the processor for cooling the machine.

Apart from that this is quite basic but still helpful like you should always keep the machine in a cool place so that none of the hardware gets overheated.

l33t Re: Dell XPS 1645 restarts randomly

it might be possible as there could be some problem with the operating system that you have installed in the machine, have you ever tried reinstalling it?

If not then i would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the entire operating system and see whether you are getting the same problem or what, because see if there could be any glitch with the software then obviously it will be resolved once you install the newer operating system but if not then that means there could be some problem with the hardware installed in your machine.

it might be possible as there could be some problem with the operating system that you have installed in the machine, have you ever tried reinstalling it?

If not then i would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the entire operating system and see whether you are getting the same problem or what, because see if there could be any glitch with the software then obviously it will be resolved once you install the newer operating system but if not then that means there could be some problem with the hardware installed in your machine.
    Exactly, you should also check whether there is any hardware problem in the machine or not? Have you installed any newer hardware in the machine? if so then you should try to run the machine after eliminating it, so that you can figure out whether it is because of that only or not.

See if you are still getting the same problem with the machine then i think you should try to visit the service center and see what they are saying about this. Because it might be possible as there could be some hardware problem in the machine for resolving this replacement would be the only option. Thus if your laptop will be in the warranty period then you may get all the services regarding the product for free in case of replacement as well.