Thread: Play Skyrim on Dell XPS 15 (L502x)

Play Skyrim on Dell XPS 15 (L502x)

Have anyone tried with playing the Skyrim on the Dell XPS 15 (L502x), if anyone else is playing it on the L502x, how well does it play? i am asking this because recently i was playing on external LCD at 1920x1200, and also while playing i have done the high setting for Skyrim, but still with anti-aliasing turned off and anisotropic filtering disabled. while playing this i noticed that this seems to be playing at the very limit of what the 540M can do. and also with this i have noticed that i have to set the file TESV.EXE in the Skyrim folder to use nVidia GPU, what you all will say in this case?? please reply me back if anyone is doing the same things.

Re: Play Skyrim on Dell XPS 15 (L502x)

OK, while playing you are getting that type of the problem then for that i will suggest you that you are getting usable framerates like that. this is because i am playing at 1600x900 with the settings which are as: AA off, Anisotropic off, texture med, radial blur low, shadow med, decal med, FXAA on, because this is pretty much medium settings. and also let me tell you here that while playing I get about 40-55 fps in general play, and also i get the same things while dropping to around 25-30 in major battles. and also i have tweaked some of the object/actor/itme fades, else you sometimes can't see people attacking you. have you tried with the disabling the vsync?? or whiel playing you are getting laggy mouse problem??? if yes then please reply me back about that. i am aking this all things because while playing i am not getting this all problems. and i am Running i7-2630 and 540M.

Hey dude, i have the following settings::

• Texture Quality: High
    • Radial Blur: Medium
    • Shadow: Low
    • Decal: None
    • FXAA: Off
    • Reflections: All Off
    • AA: Off
    • Anisotropic: Off

yes, i know that this is high setting except for AA and Anistropic turned off. i am using this at high settign because this is recommended by the Skyrim installer. but still wiht this i am having the problem as mouse lag this happens to me when interacting with the game menu. for resolving this i have also tried wiht the bMouse Acceleration=0 trick, but it made no difference for me. and also let me tell you all here that i have nto tried with the VSYNC yet.

i also like to play the Skyrim and i while playing I run wiht Highsettings with 1366x768 resolution, i am having 1080p display but still i run with the 1366x768 resolution this is because Skyrim looks pretty good with the lower res, unlike some games such as Riift. when i check for the frame rate at that time i get it as 25-60 really but generally very smooth.

Yesk, i also try with the playing this in my machine and also i can say here that it plays better than oblivion. i am having dell XPS L501x, but i am not having 1080pEverythings set to High except shadows. here i would like to say that FPS is always above 30I dont use the mouse in the inventory, just WSAD the all through it, pretty comfortable now.

while playing this i get that Skyrim was using less than half of the CPU max and for that reason i disabled the turbo in the BIOS. and for you also i will suggests to od. this is because doing this things is the easier than mucking around with ThrottleStop. and also if you want to enable that seting then you can enable that wiht quick reboot. with the help of doing this, i get that this limits my i7 to 2GHz, and also it tops out at abouta 75C. after this all, i get that thermal headroom this gives me lets me overclock my GT 540M to 815MHz on the graphics after thisock, try with this, hope that this helps you to resolve the problem.

HEy dude, can you please reply me back that what setting and resolution are you running at pjcronje??? please reply me back about this, i want to know about this all.

still i am trying with the testing the overclock stability. in the starting i get that this is running very fine but after that i get that suddenly changed to integrated HD3000 as opposed to GT 540MAt the moment. for correcting this, i am also hitting 1600x900, high default setting but with AA/anistropic/FXAA off. for you all, let me tell here that once get the framerate 540M to work with the game again, at that time it is set to use it in the nVidia control panel, i am not getting here that is that drivers faults or anything else. please reply me back about the more suggestion for this.

yes, thanks for telling me about this all, this sounds fairly similar to my results. when you get this all things at that time have you noticed a performance increase at all?? reply me back for this also.

while doing this all things i think that i have figured out what happened. and for the same reasons i can tell here to nVidia control panel downloads game profiles in the background. after that i manually created one for Skyrim, then i downloaded a new one that uses the 540M, but stil after doing this all things, i got confused somehow and switched to the integrated instead.

Yep! i tried with that, and now i am happy that i will be able to Play Skyrim on Dell XPS 15. thanks for telling me about this. i was asked this because i am having Dell XPS 15 and want to play the Skyrim. thanks again for telling me about this.