Thread: Cracking Audio in Dell studio XPS 1640 and 1645 when volume set to 60-80%+

Cracking Audio in Dell studio XPS 1640 and 1645 when volume set to 60-80%+

when the volume is set to 60%-80%+ i can hear some kind of ugly cracking sound from right speaker. It sounds like either the speaker is damaged or may be due to the bad amp. i have noticed the same problem in both xps 1640 and 1645. I tried with different sound effect also but still the output is same. I just wanted to know whether the speaker has been really damaged or something related to hardware defect or may be the terrible driver and buggy sound apps?

Re: Cracking Audio in Dell studio XPS 1640 and 1645 when volume set to 60-80%+

I contacted Dell support yesterday for 50 minutes trying to diagnose the problem. The lady had reminded me of the afternoon, and I always news. She agreed that this is a hardware problem but can not send anyone as she does not know what to change on my PC.

I'm not sure the sizzle just the simple fact that your left speaker is not connected. Have you tried the diagnostics with the CD "Drivers and Utilities" provided by Dell? Maybe you will come to target a different problem but also ca'll get to save time (like) because the Service asks you to do so. I'll keep you informed of the intervention of the technician.

Well I have a problem very similar.

I too have noticed the sizzling unpleasant,especially on the right. I had to stick my ear on it and compare it with the left. Apparently it actually does not work anymore, and the subwoofer air out what should come out right but normally low frequencies. After being in "property of the speakers" and balance, I realize that "left" walking "right" is the subwoofer, and "center" "subwoofer" "Rear Left" and "Right Behind" does not correspond to nothing.

Finally it's a bit of tampering but as long as it works. I made several research and it turns out that it comes from the interference between the wireless card but only the band so just disable it.

So I did the following tests to isolate the problem:
    • Connection of external speakers + hdmi connection to my exit from my tv = always parasites, so we can exclude the possibility of a malfunction of the PC speaker.
    • Parasites do not depend on the volume
    • Test immediately after starting and then after a few tens of minutes of operation to identify a possible overheating problem: negative! parasites occur in cold or hot.
    • The problem is not related to audio content: I went to the "Control Panel" and then in audio circuit to test the sound. If I repeat about ten times the test again I see the emergence of audio noise.

Usually use VLC player, since it can open many file types.

Have you already updated the drivers for the sound card?

Might sound stupid, but you have the same problem as you let the sound through headphones play?

I have downloaded the latest audio driver and installed the latest Dell one but with the same audio chipset (Realtek HD Audio + HDMI ). The problem was not resolved but the interface setting is I kept more complete. I went to the site and I downloaded the Realtek HD Audio driver (Audio only) in its latest version. Then from the Device Manager (in Windows 7 or Vista) I updated the driver for Realtek HD Audio (right click update driver) and selected the realtek site (audio only). After rebooting, no more problems with both the sizzling in stereo and with all effects turned on! I do not encounter more problems even with intensive applications and finally I take the power.

The problem can only come from that or a bad connection on the motherboard, something crappy. In both cases there is nothing. To set ourselves should connect External speakers kit or headphones and check if the sound still crackles.

Tested external speakers and the problem still exists. Now and I must mention that since the crunch began my CPU too strangely. The problem is actually combined with the fact that particular CPU usage is also way too high. Also not consistent. Each time it jumps from 7% to 100% then to 70, 60, remains a low running time (not less than 5%) and then high again.

I wanted to solve the problem step by step, but maybe one problem solves another. Have all unnecessary services turned off but the CPU usage will act strange.