Thread: sony vaio Z1 vs sony vaio Z2

sony vaio Z1 vs sony vaio Z2

As I’m thinking of buying the laptop and I searched over the net and I found out sony vaio Z1 and Z2 but am confused now and want to know whether to go for the sony vaio Z1 or sony vaio Z2. Want your help so that I can buy the best one for me.

Re: sony vaio Z1 vs sony vaio Z2

As the note book comes from the sony vaio so I must say that the you can buy any of them as both the series have got good config.

As you want to buy the laptop for yourself, so I would like to know what are your basic requirements in the laptop. since knowing your requirements would be easy to suggest you which one would be the best for you.

I’m working in one of the firm and my job is mostly to give presentations to clients, have an video chat to discuss the requirements and I travel a lot. So according to me laptop should have lightweight , webcam, and good config that would all software and programs in the laptop and in the free time I like to play the games. So any high end games should also be run.

This are my requirements which I would like to have in the laptop. so suggest me one from the selected laptop which would be best for me.

When comparing both the laptop specs I must say that sony vaio Z2 has got the better config than the Z1 series and it would be preferable if you go for the sony vaio Z2 series as this laptop has got the latest config and it would be best if you buy this.

Even I’m looking for the sony vaio Z2 laptop but don’t know the exact config for the laptop. so if anyone of you provide me the config of the sony vaio Z2 then it would be easy for me clarify the doubts.

Here are the specs for the sony vaio Z2 series as you were looking for:-
    • Processor : 2.7GHz Intel Core i7-2620M
    • Memory : 4GB (2x2GB) RAM
    • Hard Drive : 128GB (2x64GB) SSD Hard Drive
    • Graphics Card : Intel GMA HD 3000 Graphics
    • Display : 13.1" LED Backlit Widescreen Display

Other features :-

• Integrated Webcam and Microphone
    • Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
    • Extended Life External Battery
    • Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)

If you want to have the lightweight laptop that could easily be carried and also want to play high end config games then I must tell you that Z2 would be the best for you.

I agree that sony vaio Z2 series is good enough then Z1 series as it has been launched after the Z1 series. But Z1 is not as bad as you are describing it. There are many cool features which I think is really cool in the Z1 it has got the 14.1” SXGA TFT display, Double capacity battery, 1GB DDR SDRAM which is good enough, but the only drawback in the laptop is that you cannot play the high end games in the Z1 series. Otherwise the laptop is really cool.

I’m using the sony vaio Z2 series and the reason behind going for the Z2 series is that Z1 takes long time to boot whereas Z2 boots up faster. The other reason behind this is that Z2 has got USB 3.0 which lets transfer file more faster. The battery of the Z2 as really good as you can use the battery for several hours. The Z2 has got the aluminum palm rest which is better enough than the plastic one which comes with the Z1 series.

So from this you can judge why one should go for buying the sony vaio Z2 rather than going for the sony vaio Z1 series.

I have recently bought the sony vaio laptop Z2 series and would tell you that before buying the laptop I had compared both the series and I found out that the Z2 series was really better then the Z1 series in config and the looks. So I would advise you if you want to buy the laptop then you should definitely go for the sony vaio Z2 series.