Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus black pending Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update

LG Optimus black pending Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update

When the phone was first released we have heard that we will soon get a update for the phone and that is even within a week. Now there is no news and no update about this topic, either on forum or any subforums. I haven't see any kind of threads or posts telling and discussion about the update. Moreover no one knows whether it is locked or deleted.

Re: LG Optimus black pending Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update

Support for LG has already claimed dozens of times they were sure of the date, it has always proved false. They have absolutely no info. As long as they are not a Twitter LG (LG countries in general are low the first to have information for Europe), there is no info.

LG makes its official Facebook page the following note, indicating that it will start to update, for now is being released in Europe and as you know in Mexico calibrated a bit more but still, we already arrive and clear with surprise to some users of Telcel in Mexico. ... and the novelty will bring the possibility of Android 4.0 for its mobile ...

Let users know that we are one of the low-end phones from LG. LG is not going to reveal to rush an upgrade for optimus is the truth. Now left to say Gingerbread updated to high-end phones because it is a disaster most expensive teams of the company to continue using froyo when other brands have their phones GB for high-end, or better yet, prepare them updates for ICS. It is just that, the company has to do something if or when, but their sales are going to go under. They went to cover the sun with your hand, to give a solution to those who put more money and try to catch up the other companies in high-end phones in order to remain competitive.

i have heard that Android Gingerbread Version 2.3.3 brings to the three-way phone calls in certain markets, an updated color palette on the subject, with the darker notification bar and menus based on the color black, and no lack of on-screen keyboard that supports multitouch data entry and auto-correct.

It also adds enhanced functionality to copy and paste, integrated application downloads files to make us better, updated camera function, and energy to organize applications and end-dos.

This update is already available for those with an unlocked smartphone, or bought off pack. For others, the case no longer depends on LG but the willingness of operators. The Korean manufacturer also took the opportunity to give the dates of updating its other two Optimus year. The Optimus Black and 3D are respectively updated to Android 2.3 . Again, these dates for versions out packs operators. News that will leave leave a short respite from LG. Because the manufacturer will soon be bombarded with questions about a possible update to Android 4.0!

At the end of the update has been through OTA system, something that until now had doubts. The Sprint smartphone users should be enjoying the improvements and sit and wait, fingers crossed, if you also receive the arrival of Ice Cream Sandwich.

would like to know when will be available very precisely the upgrade to Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) for the LG Optimus Black? It has been waiting a long time.

An update for which has no date , for now, been given, but the official schedule will be announced in December, so we imagine that it will occur during the first quarter of 2012 with the same period as updates of competing manufacturers.

A good effort from LG that appears to have learned from his mistakes and followed the example of Sony Ericsson smartphones delivering on its latest versions of Android in a timely manner. It is believed more, especially when you consider that the LG Optimus 2X, LG Optimus Black and LG Optimus 3D stagnated in FroYo for nearly a year after the release of Gingerbread.

I hope this will bring a real plus because I just spent my 2x as gingerbread and I see no improvement in the management of the battery and the more I find it a little less responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anirvinya View Post
    This update is already available for those with an unlocked smartphone, or bought off pack. For others, the case no longer depends on LG but the willingness of operators. The Korean manufacturer also took the opportunity to give the dates of updating its other two Optimus year. The Optimus Black and 3D are respectively updated to Android 2.3 . Again, these dates for versions out packs operators. News that will leave leave a short respite from LG. Because the manufacturer will soon be bombarded with questions about a possible update to Android 4.0!
    Where is the update available for unlocked phones? Mine is unlocked and unbranded (besides LG, offcourse) and I can't find the update anywhere.

This are OTA updates which are done via the phone itself. You just need to keep the phone internet on. Sites like developer.android.com provides a manual download of the same. But it is not much easier to run that on unbranded phones. There are certain key combination to run the update mode. Like for HTC Nexus one you have to press Volume Down button pressed and then turn on the phone. Go to recovery and navigate to the update folder.

My phone does not have OTA updates turned on. I installed an image on a phone I unlocked so maybe that's why.

Can you help a bit more and tell me how to look for this update on developer.android.com? I can't seem to find my way around it to get the specific update for LG P970.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by offcourse View Post
    My phone does not have OTA updates turned on. I installed an image on a phone I unlocked so maybe that's why.

Can you help a bit more and tell me how to look for this update on developer.android.com? I can't seem to find my way around it to get the specific update for LG P970.
    As per what I have read so far from some news, LG has confirmed that it will get 2.3 update for it, check the below quoted message:

LG UK would like to express its thanks to all of the Optimus Series owners who have been waiting patiently for the Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade. We are excited by the high level of product interest that LG Optimus Series owners have shown, and we are taking all possible measures to offer a smooth OS upgrade in a timely manner.

As far as we are aware the 2.3 Gingerbread update for the LG Optimus Black will be available from the 12th December 2011 for open models in the UK. I can only suggest that you continue to visit our website, for future news updates, or by checking via the LG Mobile Support Tool.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you please do not hesitate in contacting us again should you require any further advice.

Best Regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

I checked with LG Customer Care several times since November last week. First it was December beginning, then December end, then January first week, and now January end. I don't think LG is serious about providing a Gingerbread 2.3 update for Optimus Black P970.

So, while I regret buying LG phone and staying out of touch with latest technology, I think the phone is really cool and does most of the work really well.

In future, though, I will think 1000 times before deciding on an LG product.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast