Thread: LG Optimus black stuck on firmware update screen

LG Optimus black stuck on firmware update screen

Just got a new Optimus Black . After few hours of usage I have installed Cyanogen mod 3.5.1 after rooting it with Gingerbreak. Everything was fine for a while but i didnt like the ROM as well as few other things lacking in thic custom ROM and for that reason i have used the ClockworkMod to restore up to stock ROM. Now it is working fine. There comes a new update and i go for that update. Here all went wrong. While upgrade of Android 2.3 i am trapped at CWM recovery screen. I have tried all the options given in the guide. Furthermore i have also tried the LGUnitedMobileDriver and the phone recovery option but no help. I try all the options, following any online guides I can find that were supposed to have worked for people. I try restoring the backup, restoring cyanogen, clearing the cache, everything but nothing happens and I keep booting back into the CWM recovery screen. Once again i have got stuck in another loop - a black screen showing 'updating firmware'. The phone doesn't charge or turn on now. what can i do?

Re: LG Optimus black stuck on firmware update screen

Are you sure that you have not installed any particular tool or you have not replaced some system files in explorer or root through the recovery?

Since it does not let you access the recovery you tried to connect it to PC and see if the "Russian program" you will recognize it?

Better to use the special software if you are in that brick KDZ. Try not to use a 64-bit version of Windows XP or Windows 7 (Vista avoids). The 64-bit version of Windows may cause problems, use a 32bit. Otherwise the only solution I can think of here is simply a hardware reset. You know that you have to depend very long volume down, not just briefly. Simply hang up until you see a menu. This has come about, so long as the phone still responds.

My first LGOS I could not even use. That was only thing on reboot, and if someone has called and left only the external speaker phone was no longer possible because the caller has ever heard yourself. I've only been a few days for The replacement unit , hence I may be skeptical. Who is responsible for these problems is to me totally does not matter (whether software: Google or Hardware: LG). These errors are not only annoying but also to prevent a use because the device. Reset has always helped and so limited for a short time.

If I'm not mistaken, LG has added this problem already. It is probably a Tegra - Android 2.2 Problem to be. From 2.3.3, the error should be well resolved.

So I would replace it or Sending. Of such an error I have not heard.

On the subject of self-blame: Of course you've installed the app, but since you have to assume yes, the apps that do not destroy your mobile phone in the Market, you are not at fault.

Try once more with the help of LG Mobile Updater. Emergency rescue and software upgrade by VolumeUP connects you with the phone without the battery on the PC. The software detects the connected phone appears in the display and update software. Now we can start on the menu of the software an emergency rescue.

That's all I have not tested, but may wish to make further tests. The update (over 100MB!) Via USB and "LG PC Suite IV" as is "LGMobile update" was unfortunately a bit "bumpy", but with me in both cases without data loss. Of course, had previously won the contacts and calendar backed up. I'll be watching the matter further and describe exactly when needed the update process.

I managed to update my phone software via the LG this summer, but it seems that the update is no longer available in Europe. I think the firmware has been kidnapped by LG because of stability problems, I have the activation of 3G which is quite temperamental. In fact, I recently had to reinstall my phone due to stability problems, and I did not want to downgrade my LG Optimus One in 2.2. After some research I saw that was a fairly simple method to perform to perform the update manually while using an LG official firmware.

You have already broked the rules of warranty and it gets voided right after you rooted or mod a phone and it's almost certainly as expensive to get it fixed. I even dont know whether LG will fix a rooted phone. if so, it may gonna cost you much expensive.