Thread: Samsung Focus S Audio Jack gives Poor Quality music

Samsung Focus S Audio Jack gives Poor Quality music

I really like this device as it has a wide display screen and beautiful looks better looking that my friends HTC Titan but I have notice one flaws on this phone that I like to share as well as want to cure it that thing is the audio that Samsung Focus S give is of very poor quality and even the volume is somewhat low s compare to the my friends HTC titan and iPhone 4 . and furthermore you will hear a hizz sound while you try to skip the music mainly when my phone is connected to the my car speaker via AUX I am really frustrated I don’t know what to do is there anyone who can help me on this I would br really glad to know this thanks in advance

Re: Samsung Focus S Audio Jack gives Poor Quality music

Even I have the same problem on this phone and I mostly use it on my car to listen music while I am traveling now I already replaced my previous Samsung Focus S once because of this problem and I have tried all the possible way to rectify this problem I've made use of another cords plus plugged and the both handset with the different sets of speakers was having the same problem . I am big fan of windows mobile which I don’t want to leave however I am thinking to shift to Nokia 800 however I really like the bigger screen on this phone and I can’t see any other option is there anyone facing the same problem can help me to find solution to this

I think you have just kept the internal EQ settings too high .i have the same phone and have no problem on my phone what so ever on audio jack I set my internal EQ settings to around 25 to 30 I think you should also do the same thing this will help you to get rid of that hiz sound it is true that Focus S, , look as if to has a lower volume than the Focus . it certainly doesn't make use of the similar Wolfson DAC

Thanks for the reply but I would like to know that noise level is not at all good. I don't have any idea what to do. Other windows phone in compare focus S don’t have this kind of problem and I am really pulling towards it . . The Nokia Lumia 800 has a little display and The Titan is large and has attenuation problem . And at the present my Samsung has the majority unsatisfactory in performance on the audio aspect . can I use the Bluetooth setup to listen the music

I think that is based on the Bluetooth audio device however I think Samsung Focus S will not helpful on that aspect I think only tweaking the setting will help to solve the problem just like we has to do in focus mine is perfectly fine with the regular audio settings stock

This was the same with the problem with the Samsung focus it was way too quiet and the hack will not help on this aspect a far as I think I never enjoyed that phone and the Focus S was in the same line hope Samsung do something about this

I think the Bluetooth setup will solve the problem of the sound distortion at the time of skipping the song may be I am not sure of that but it will it certainly sounds similar to software even I also replaced the Samsung focus S for the same reasons although I do not have any kind of problem with Bluetooth in my car. Sounds magnificent and no popping.

Just replace my phone with the HTC Titan and I don’t know what Is the problem with me even it has an issue while I open the Bing Search app on the same time listening to audio all the way through the headphone jack I become aware of an vast loss of sound quality to and in some point it was even not listenable. No doubt the windows phones OS is greatest yet, the hardware up until now is making the experience a bit of a turn off.

So that meant that the HTC Titan has the same issue like the Samsung focus s while make use of the headphone jack into an outside amp like similar to the car stereo, and all

Quote Originally Posted by Bishwajeet View Post
    So that meant that the HTC Titan has the same issue like the Samsung focus s while make use of the headphone jack into an outside amp like similar to the car stereo, and all
    I did not yet tested it for that and even not tried an auxiliary input on a stereo, however it sounds immense all the way through my headphones. It also sounds very well through my sound bar connected with Bluetooth.

Yeah you are right I have the same phone and no popping through 3.5mm TRS output yet . but I have noticed that there is popping on the handset speaker while playing the game on sound effects although recently I didn’t notice it , though it would be just because of the volume up to the high level and some other thing might caused this

I had a similar problem with the poor aux sound on my Focus (not S) and purchased a ground loop isolator for 12 bucks and my sound has been perfect since. I bought a titan last week and it's perfect too - super perfect sound in my car.

Not sure if you had the same problems I did but it's worth a shot.