Thread: Samsung Focus S performing poorly after interop Unlock for MANGO

Samsung Focus S performing poorly after interop Unlock for MANGO

I don’t know why the hell I did this but after INTEROP UNLOCK on my Samsung Focus S the phone is not functioning to the par it’s really disappointing it is tremendously bad ever since put on this unlock on my Samsung Focus s. I am unable to use the thing that need the data takes so much time to load and in many cases it will times out and I am using the Wi-Fi and 3G, but the browsing experience is extremely slow at the moment. I am just make use of t IE9, apps and the marketplace which I other case is fast but since the unlock it is extremely slow to load data from the internet I don’t know what to do and I am really confused and don’t know what to do is there anyone who can suggest anything to fix this I would really glad to know this thanks

Re: Samsung Focus S performing poorly after interop Unlock for MANGO

Even I am also facing the similar problem that you are facing and I don’t know what to do I done some research and found out that this might be because of trouble with the a driver. And the only solution for that is you had to turn the airplane mode on after that turn off otherwise you have to turn off the data when using the Wi-Fi that should do the trick look like to me as if there Is conflict between the Wi-Fi and 3G used. Hope this will resolve

I don’t think this is because of the hack as far as I know the hack should not cause any consequence on your browsing usage and particularly it would not slow down the Wi-Fi that is something else just get it checked

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalkumar View Post
    Even I am also facing the similar problem that you are facing and I don’t know what to do I done some research and found out that this might be because of trouble with the a driver. And the only solution for that is you had to turn the airplane mode on after that turn off otherwise you have to turn off the data when using the Wi-Fi that should do the trick look like to me as if there Is conflict between the Wi-Fi and 3G used. Hope this will resolve
    I think you are right on this I have even tested this and found out that when I enable Wi-Fi and 3G the connection speed goes slows and if I disable any one of them Wi-Fi or 3G the speed will be good that is really odd earlier it was perfectly fine using both Wifi as well as 3G enabled at the similar but after the interop unlock everything goes flops . Look as if 3G settings are gone bad some way, and no use of the Samsung Diagnosis app now work to enable auto-config. I am not getting any answer to this is there anyone who can help me on this I would be really glad

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalkumar View Post
    I don’t think so as the app works on the 3G in the process that is why the this effect browsing in some way If 3G settings aren't getting put back, again it's absolutely acceptable that browsing acceleration could be effected.

i never had this kind of problem in my device even after the interop unlock it is just working fine as it use to earlier . it look little odd that this is cause because on the driver how ever my data speeds is perfectly ok like it use to be before the hack I by no means have to turn off my 3g connection, I only have to switch Wi-Fi , appear to act like it did previous to applying the hack .

I think this problem is varies from the phone to phone as it is a driver issue so the some device with some drivers had different effect on it however I am yet to solve this problem I'd really akin to know this if the hard reset might make any difference on this problem and bring this back to normal. I am really frustrated by this

I am not sure about this as I did not hacked my device but as in my knowledge that this hack only cause the registry entries to change so the hard rest option should be applied to this and if you are lucky it will solve all of your issue that you are facing on the phone and bring it back to the original state I hope this will solve your problem permanently

Hey did you did the hard reset I am deciding to do that but I ma afraid that what if this will damage my phone is there anyone who did the reset after hacking the device I would be really glad to know this or is there any other way round to get rid of this issue as now this is really Turing out to be frustrating any help would be appreciated thank in advice

I had the interopunlock w/IS installed and noticed awful data connections and speeds. I used the wireless mananger in the Samsung section of the marketplace to reset my AT&T APN. I just did a hard reset of my phone so i could do a side by side comparison on the Titan vs the S. The hard reset restore everyhting to normal and removed the interop unlock. I still noticed the data issues even without the unlock. The strange thing is I also noticed it on the Titan so i dont think this is just a Samsung issue but something related to the internet sharing driver somehow. I just did th einterop unlock again without the internet sharing and it doesnt seem to be nearly as bad as it was before.