Thread: WiFi in ASUS Transformer Prime.

WiFi in ASUS Transformer Prime.

i am planing to get the new ASUS Transformer Prime, and when i was searching for the specification of this at that time i get that this is having only 2.4ghz Wi-Fi only. i am not getting here that why it is not having 5ghz support for the Wi-Fi?? if i am going to get this prime at that time i have to upgrade to a simultaneous 5/2.4 router so i can keep my computer on 5ghz. can here anyone tell me about this: why ASUS Transformer Prime is not having 5ghz support??

Re: WiFi in ASUS Transformer Prime.

Yes, it is having 2.4ghz Wi-Fi support only. and for that i think that there are two factors which case this, which are as:::

• it's cost and
    • it's battery life

this is because, if they are going for adding the 5ghz support then at that time it surely happens that this will consumes so much of the battery life and also this will cause to increase the cost of this Tablet.

Hey thanks for telling me about this all things. i am asking this, because i am planning for getting this table and when i read this in the review at it is having only 2.4ghz. for that only i asked this question over here. thanks for telling me about this.

Yupp, the post by JoanaJhon is also helpful for me. i was having the question about the WiFi in ASUS Transformer Prime, and after getting the suggestion here now i get some idea about that. thanks for that help JoanaJhon.