Thread: HTC Incredible S shows no signal

HTC Incredible S shows no signal

Recently bought incredible s nearly about the a week ago moreover from that gay my phone is shows no service almost certainly once a day and for remove that of the I have to either shut my phone off or else I have to turn on airplane mode and off the phone once more this is really very frustrating to me because that cause me miss my call is there any one who can help me on this I would be really glad thanks .

NevaBala Murugan S Guest

Re: HTC Incredible S shows no signal

I have on solution to this just Go to Phone dialer, and type *#*#4636#*#*. In "Phone Information" or "Phone Settings, scroll down to" preferred network type, and the change of preference WCDMA (I guess that's their current configuration) for GSM Auto (PRL). You will still be able to using both 2 and 3G, but in my experience I have found that the phone has less signal loss and signal can regain much faster.

I can understand that you think this would be phone but I it might be possible the place where you keep your phone has some problem like may be out of coverage or something

i by no means had at all signal troubles with any another handset. it's only this phone . The handset shows no service in the place where other handset get proper network where the signal bars are full . this is definitely the phone issue

Don’t know what wrong with this phone I have a same issue with my fresh handset, but it look as if better than it was after downloading the 30mb OTA update. I have also my GSM phone to establish what has contributed, sometimes you can get the fastest WCDMA signal, but has never been a very good signal where I live.

I need to know is 'Foil' fix works

I think your phone is on the GSM mode because GSM Auto PRL will use both GSM and WCDMA that means it use both 2G and 3G so that might be some problem in your case

Really very frustrating I have also problems with the signal. Switch to GSM Auto look as if to have improved things a bit, so thank you very much for IT. As for the aluminum solution, I tried and did not work. I lost the signal completely and was careful to follow the instructions correctly.

Hi I'm not sure if you have resolved the issue yet however I had the same problem.

Take off your back, and up the side you will see two brass or copper prongs, these need to protrude the phone as the back is the aerial and connects via these.

Also if your previous phone was 2g, and this phone is set to wcdma /gsm auto, the 3g signal in your area may not be very good, so try setting it to.gsm only and see hoe u get on. Mine certainly drops out a lotless.