Thread: Getting Security Warning after Updating HTC Incredible S to Gingerbread

Getting Security Warning after Updating HTC Incredible S to Gingerbread

This is on e of the best phone I have ever use really nice feature and a terrific spec and recently I have upgraded it to the gingerbread it became more awesome but after that in some time it stated to give me some problem ist all started when my device gut stuck and nothing was happening on it so I had to reboot it and starting from that day I am getting this wired reboot start page that I don’t understand I did everything in my power but nothing seems to be working even the hard reset not help can anyone here can help me on this I would be really glad to know how thanks in advance

re: Getting Security Warning after Updating HTC Incredible S to Gingerbread

It really sad you have this problem I knew about the HBOOT screen which is also known as the booloader however the Security Warning message at the topi never came across it . can you tel me is your phone rooted or yet branded is it still under the carrier deal

I have no idea whether My phone is branded or not all I know that I had bought from the cell phone company from Denmark where I actually live I tried to root it but I guess I am not that good in rooting the device so I did not do anything and kept the phone as it is except I have updated to Gingerbread nothing has done other than that

Don’t worry it will be solve soon just tell me few thing s about your phone I like to know that does it have any apps that will be by any means related to the your network provider is it have any kind of log o or something that is on the back of the phone or somewhere else any the best way to find out is to see if it shows any king of logo or something after it reboots just answer this I will definite help you

I did not notice any build in app that belongs to my network provider also don’t have any kind of logo or some like that on the phone or anyplace on the phone and only thing that I remember

I see two solutions to your problem and that is here . I think the problem is boot loader is blocked and can not load any software that is not digitally signed by HTC and specific to the device. The security warning message means that the update that you downloaded may have been damaged or the operating system itself is damaged and the boot loader does not recognize it as official HTC software, preventing the load.

Another trick is that you can call HTC and explain the situation if not done anything, will be covered by the warranty, or try to find a match Rom Update Utility RUU and run it from your PC in an effort to restore necessary software for your phone hope this would help you

Thanks for the reply but the problem is this don’t working on my phone I am now taking my phone to the service center then to get this problem solve its in Copenhagen they will be able to solve my problem but really appreciate you effort thanks once again buy the was I've put the a service contract appeal for my handset, at the moment I am just waiting for a replacement ,

Re: Getting Security Warning after Updating HTC Incredible S to Gingerbread

I am not sure if this is the problem but what I feel is this is caused by the PG32IMG.zip that file which is present in ever HTC phone is put the software on your phone. every HTC handset use a similar naming convention, on my HTC phone it is named as PD98IMG.zip now the boot loader at the time of startup try to find this zip file on your phone to load and in any case if you it fail to locate that file then it will give the same problem that you are facing now I am guessing that is what you are facing