Thread: Wrong time showing for Incoming messages in HTC Incredible S

Wrong time showing for Incoming messages in HTC Incredible S

Yesterday I have got the unlocked HTC Incredible S which is operating on Rogers Canada network.

Whenever I get the text messages, the time on it showing randomly. I mean it is not showing proper receive time. There is no problem with the outgoing messages. Is it the firmware issue or just the message app?

Re: Wrong time showing for Incoming messages in HTC Incredible S

Ever thought that perhaps one or the other system still not at normal time (winter time) is changed and thus the sms could have a different "time stamp"

Apparently, after the factory reset so it works well. I say apparently because even if I can identify some trends in the reboot, it's still random. It can go for a while, I sound like on my laptop 10 times and it's going, then after that show, or even without touching the phone it's fair. So I'm confused though. I first set my network settings to "GSM only" as I have no data plan and still not want to make gaffes, and since I'm pressed for WCDMA + GSM, but it does not change much.

You summertime than wrong. Daylight saving time change and then change the time you see in the picture. For example:
    The time of the SMS is 13.00
    The time of the phone is14.00
    Turn off the daylight saving time, then the SMS but the phone 14.00 13.00 time. Set time of the phone manually to 14.00 and you are well again.

Either there is a firmware error or the time zone is set incorrectly. Look in the settings if there is set to GMT +2 (summer time =).

I was right with my guess: it was actually on the setting of the GMT value under Settings -> Phone -> Date / Time. There I had to put on the GMT +2:00. The figure was previously registered +1:00 - yes what is actually also the correct value for Germany. Only we have daylight savings time, so the deviation from the "Greenwich Standard Time" is not 1 hour, but 2 hours.

Check this with an SMS-sender. Maybe the wrong time has stopped.

The problem points to an attitude problem with summer and winter time.

In the worst case, this is due to incorrect settings on the server when drunk of.

It is supposed to be correct, if in the settings for Local Standard Time adjusts the time and check the "summer time" get caught. Then the time is displayed on the handset also basically correct, at incoming SMS messages, but it is source-network depends on whether the Wrong time or not. I send an SMS message from a t-Mobile on 3G's network used that time. I send a message from one mobile phone; the time is two hours of "front". I suspect that this has to do with the time zone setting. Can it be that somehow, some network operators the time zone at SMS enclose and others not? That would be the only cause of the Problem that I can think of.

AS far as I can think of that there is nothing to chat about the Standard or local time. It does somewhat look like a firmware bug or similar to like that. You just need to wait for the update in order to resolve the issue. I am hoping that you have already made a hard reset of the phone.